Strawberry Muffins

Tue, 29 Mar 2022 22:19:49 -0700
v122.n011.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Muffins, Strawberry

Recipe By     : Katie Mae
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Hand Made                       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

      1/2           cup  milk
      1/4           cup  canola oil
   1              large  egg
   1 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour
      1/2           cup  sugar -- white
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  strawberries -- chopped

Strawberry muffins that can be made with fresh or frozen
strawberries. If using frozen berries, thaw slightly, then chop with a knife.

Prep:: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Additional:: 10 mins
Total:: 50 mins
Preheat the oven to 375F (190C) Line 8 standard-sized muffin cups
with paper liners.

Lightly beat milk, oil, and egg in a small bowl.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Fold in the
milk mixture until just combined. Divide batter evenly among the
prepared muffin cups.

Bake in the preheated oven until the tops bounce back from the touch,
about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the
pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Cal 233, Fat 8g, Carb 36g, Sod 293mg, Fiber 1g,, Pro 4g

Review: I took some recommendations on other reviews for this recipe:
added 1/2 tsp each vanilla extract and cinnamon, & left out 1/4 C of
the flour. I wasn't in the mood for muffins, so I baked this in a 9 X
5 inch loaf pan. It worked really well. This bread was a wonderful
treat for breakfast, toasted and spread with some homemade strawberry
butter (1 tsp confectioners sugar, 3 strawberries, and 1 stick room
temp butter combined in blender or food processor until smooth).
Heavenly!! This is a really great way to use up strawberries that
need to be used before going bad. I highly recommend this one!! Hope
you like it as much as I did...

Review: So Yummy! I've never made strawberry muffins before! I took
the advice of others and added some vanilla and 1/2 c more
strawberries and they turned out great! Soft and moist and full of
flavor! I dusted the tops with cinnamon and sugar before baking and
it made an excellent crust on top! I definetly will be making these
again! I'm going to use these for my VBS kids tomorrow, so we'll see
what they think! I made mini-muffins for them! Definetly a 5 star muffin!

Review: I am 8 years old, and I went strawberry picking with my
friend, and I brought alot of strawberries home, and I made my very
own strawberry muffins with this recipe, and they are really yummy
and my whole family likes them.

Review: The best muffin recipe!! I was very successful using 1 1/4
cups of whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all purpose white. I threw in
some wheat germ and some nutritional yeast and just added a bit more
milk (soy was great). I also used a frozen berry mix and they just
turned out wonderful!! Thanks for the recipe.

Review: This was a wonderful and easy strawberry muffin recipe. Such
a great taste and very moist. I added the 1/2 teaspoon of cinnimon,
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Perfect, not too
sweet not too bland, just right! Thanks!

Review: I made some modifications after reading other reviews, and
they turned out DELICIOUS. They have stayed yummy and moist for 3
days. I added 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and about 3/4
tsp of cinnamon. I also substituted whole wheat flour for 1 1/2 cup
of the flour and I used Splenda instead of sugar. Absolutely delicious.

Review: These turned out wonderful. I used fresh chopped
strawberries, a little over a cup, and did increase the sugar by
about one quarter cup - I wanted a more dessert-type muffin. I had
never had strawberry muffins before, and was pleased at how much the
fresh fruit taste came through. A definate keeper. Thanks!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8449/strawberry-muffins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 233 Calories; 8g Fat (31.8%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
29mg Cholesterol; 272mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2022 - 0329