Parmesan Scones

Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:26:37 -0700
v122.n014.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Scones, Parmesan

Recipe By     : Jolie Stinson
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

   2               cups  finely chopped onions
   2        tablespoons  olive oil
   6                     garlic cloves -- minced
   4               cups  all-purpose flour
   2               cups  grated Parmesan cheese
   4          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  salt
   2               cups  heavy whipping cream
                         Additional grated Parmesan cheese -- optional

The addition of onions gives these scones a nice bite. You can even
stir in some basil or oregano if you like.

Prep/Total Time: 25 min.

In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic;
saute 1 minute longer.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt.
Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in onion mixture.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half.
Pat each portion into a 6" circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges.
Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.

Bake at 400F for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. If
desired, sprinkle with additional cheese in last 5 minutes of baking.
Serve warm.

Cal 378, Fat 21g, Carb 36g, Sod 551mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 11g

Review: These are so simple, delicious and provide so many serving
opportunities. I served these with a crustless quiche for brunch and
they were a huge hit. I think I will try some different herbs next
time - just to play with flavors. Don't skip the onions - they are
perfect in this!

Source:
   "Originally published as Italian Scones in Taste of Home Christmas
Annual 2009"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/parmesan-scones/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 382 Calories; 21g Fat (50.3%
calories from fat); 11g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
65mg Cholesterol; 605mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0517