Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits

Sun, 04 Dec 2022 18:23:08 -0800
v122.n034.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Biscuits, Flaky Cheddar-Chive

Recipe By     :Betsy King
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

   2 1/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   2 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
   2          teaspoons  sugar
      1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/2           cup  cold butter -- cubed
   1                cup  shredded cheddar cheese
   3        tablespoons  minced fresh chives
   1                cup  buttermilk

These wonderful, buttery biscuits complement any dinner

Prep/Time: 25 min.

Preheat oven to 425F. In a large bowl, whisk the first five
ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs;
stir in cheese and chives. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened.
Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.

Pat or roll dough to 3/4" thickness; cut with a floured 2 1/2"
biscuit cutter. Place 2" apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10 to
12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Info: Cal 236, Fat 13g, Carb 24g, Sod 440mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 6g

Review: I've made these biscuits several times and love them. I
sprinkle on extra grated cheddar cheese and use fresh chives. Quick
to make and even the scraps I re-roll are tender. Delicious served
split and warm from the oven & served with butter.

Review: These were very good! I didn't have buttermilk so I warmed
one cup of milk and stirred in 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice and
allowed it to thicken for a few minutes before adding. I also did not
have any chives so I used a good teaspoon of minced garlic, a
teaspoon of basil and a teaspoon of dried minced onion. That
combination and the cup of cheddar was a winning combo. Will be
making these again!

Source:
   "Originally published as Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits in Taste of
Home December 2013"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/flaky-cheddar-chive-biscuits/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 243 Calories; 13g Fat (49.7%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
38mg Cholesterol; 481mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 0707