The "Georgia Lady Bug" King Cake

Debbie Rogers <DMRogers218@hotmail.com>
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 19:30:32 +0000
v123.n005.1
The "Georgia Lady Bug" King Cake in honor of Spring

One room of our house has been taken over by spring lady bugs. If you
don't know what they are...you're LUCKY!  Some have spilled over into
the kitchen window which is above the sink.

I was making a pound cake on Friday and as I poured the batter into
the pan, I noticed a dark spot and knew immediately what it was!  I
stopped pouring and tried to find the ladybug with an iced teaspoon
but couldn't.  I wasn't about to waste 6 eggs and 1/2 lb of butter so
I added the rest of the batter and baked her.

I have told everyone that I shared with or that ate some at our house
the story of the Georgia Lady Bug King Cake and given them the option
of not eating it. And reassured them it would not hurt my feelings at
all if they refused it.  So far, no one has turned it down OR found
the little bugger!