Homemade Dill Biscuits

Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:05:54 -0800
v123.n005.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Biscuits, Homemade Dill

Recipe By     : Corey
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Hand Made                       Posted

   2               cups  self-rising flour -- See note
   1         Tablespoon  baking powder
      1/2           tsp  baking soda
      1/2           tsp  onion powder
      1/2           tsp  garlic powder
   1               Tbsp  sugar
      1/4           cup  Parmesan cheese -- grated
   6             ounces  butter -- frozen or very cold, 1 1/2 sticks
   1                     egg -- lightly beaten
      3/4           cup  buttermilk -- cold
      1/4           cup  fresh dill -- chopped, (about one 0.5 oz pkg)

Hot homemade biscuits with a touch of springtime flavor.
Because dill is one of the first plants to come up in the garden, I
always think of fresh dill as the flavor of spring. Especially
because it goes so well with light, springtime-y dishes like fresh
fish and asparagus.
These cheesy Homemade Dill Biscuits are great for jazzing up a dinner
- grilled fish, chicken, St. Patrick's Day Stew or your Easter ham.

PREP: 30 minutes
COOK: 20 minutes

Note: If you don't have self-rising flour, use 2 cups all-purpose
flour, double the baking powder to 2 T, and add 1/2 tsp salt.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, onion powder,
garlic powder, sugar, and parmesan.

Grate 1 1/2 sticks of butter into the flour mixture. Your butter
should be very cold. If I don't already have some in the freezer I
will put it in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes before I make biscuits.

Using a pastry blender cut the butter into the dry ingredients. When
you are done the butter pieces should be no larger than a pea.

Add the egg and stir. Then add the buttermilk. If the dough seems dry
you can add a little more buttermilk, a tablespoon at a time. Stir
after each addition. I usually end up adding 1 more tablespoon.

Stir in the dill. When the dough has come together cover it with a
towel and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Place your dough on a floured surface. If the dough is still sticky,
sprinkle some flour over the top and work in to the dough. Continue
to add flour as needed.

Using your hands, press the dough into a rectangle that is about 1/2"
thick. Fold the dough into thirds, similar to the way you would fold
a piece of paper to fit in a envelope. Bring the bottom of the dough
up to about the halfway point and then fold the top down over it.
Press back in to 1/2" thick rectangle.

Repeat at least once. The more times you do this step, the more
layers you will have in your biscuits.

Flour a 2" biscuit cutter. Cut out biscuits being careful not to
twist the cutter back and forth. Just go straight down and straight
back up. Repeat steps 9 and 10 with remaining scraps.

Place biscuits on parchment lined baking sheet. Place the biscuits
close together so the sides touch.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden. Serve warm and enjoy!

Cal 106, Fat 2g, Carb 18g, Sod 101mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

S(Internet address):
   https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2020/03/homemade-dill-biscuits.html

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 201 Calories; 13g Fat (56.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
51mg Cholesterol; 609mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0410