Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread

Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:24:11 -0700
v123.n007.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, Bacon Cheddar Beer

Recipe By     : Donna Elick
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Posted                          Quick Bread

   3               cups  all-purpose flour -- (363 g)
   1         tablespoon  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  salt
   3        tablespoons  granulated sugar
   1 1/4            cup  shredded cheese -- (I used Monterey Jack,
Colby and Cheddar mixture)
   12                oz  bottle of beer -- (I used Blue Moon)
   4             slices  bacon -- cooked & chopped or 1/4 cup real bacon bits
   2        tablespoons  butter -- melted

Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is a simple no-knead recipe that is mixed
with a spoon and ready to go in the oven before it is done
preheating! Loaded with cheese and bacon this is a winner!

Tip: If you are sensitive to beer you can substitute lemon-lime soda,
or ginger ale. I HIGHLY recommend using the beer though. It gives it
an incredible flavor that you will miss out on using the substitutions.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Prepare a 9"x5" bread pan by greasing with butter. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a
whisk. Make a well in the center. Add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and
full beer into the well.

Stir mixture with a spoon until combined.

Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Add remaining cheese. Drizzle
with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top.

Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until browned on top and
loaf thumps when you tap the top.

Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from
pan and allow to cool on wire rack. You can brush with more butter if
you choose.

Review: Made this tonight (I think I found & saved it via Pinterest)
and was it ever easy and delicious! We used a really dark lager which
made for a rich nutty flavor and much darker brown bread, and I think
I held back too much cheese for the top or maybe just didn't use
enough cheese overall (was still real good just had a more cheesy
crust than inside if you know what I mean) - also mine rose all the
way over the top of the pan during baking. We all loved it, and will
def. be making again - look forward to trying it with different beers
:) thanks a bunch for this recipe!

Review: I made this twice in the past week, and it is simply
delicious! The bacon really offsets the bitterness of the beer making
a great combo. The only thing I ran into was my mixture didn't seem
as liquid-esque like your picture. I just opened another bottle and
poured in a little extra. Thanks for sharing!

Review: I just made this tonight. I used a dark beer, so it wasn't a
"white" bread, but it smelled delicious, looked amazing, and tasted
even better! Will definitely be making it again.

Review: I made this recipe this afternoon and it is fantastic. So
very easy to make and a great result. We couldn't wait to try it when
it came out of the oven, and it tasted wonderful. This is easily one
of our family favourites already. Thank you!

Review: I just finished making this: did have to add about 1/2 cup
milk (used skim) and because we are bacon lovers, used 8 pieces...
medium sharp cheddar. INCREDIBLE flavour!!! INCREDIBLE! Now going out
to buy more bacon and make 2 more loaves! PERFECT for breakfast
sandwiches and grilled cheese and to accompany soup/stew. GREAT RECIPE!!

Review: Made a change did not put bacon in, instead two tablespoons
of chopped sliced jar jalapeños came out so yummy! Very big hit! Not
to spicy just right. So easy and quick, your family will love it.

Review: made this great bread yesterdag. Super taste. thanks fot the
recipy. So we eat this great bread ib the netherlands to !!!!!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2012/02/bacon-cheddar-beer-bread.html

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 167 Calories; 3g Fat (18.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
7mg Cholesterol; 355mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1115