Sunflower Seed and Honey Wheat Bread

Sun, 28 May 2023 19:14:52 -0700
v123.n011.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Bread, Sunflower Seed and Honey Wheat

Recipe By     :Mickey Turner
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   4 1/2            tsp  active dry yeast -- (2 pkgs/1/4 oz each)
   3 1/4           cups  warm water -- (110 to 115F)
      1/4           cup  bread flour
      1/3           cup  canola oil
      1/3           cup  honey
   3          teaspoons  salt
   6 1/2              C  whole wheat flour -- (to 7 1/2C)
      1/2           cup  sunflower seeds
   3        tablespoons  butter -- melted

I've tried other bread recipes, but this one is a staple in our home.
I won $50 in a bake-off with a loaf that I had stored in the freezer.

Prep: 40 min. + rising
Bake: 35 min.
Makes: 3 loaves (12 slices each)

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the bread flour,
oil, honey, salt and 4 cups whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth.
Stir in sunflower kernels and enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8
minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down; divide into 3 portions. Shape into loaves; place in
three greased 8x4" loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
30 minutes.

Bake at 350F until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Brush with melted
butter. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Freeze option:
Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in foil, and place in
resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature.

Cal 125, Fat 4g, Carb 19g, Sod 212mg, Fiber 3g, Pro 4g

Review: This turned out fantastic! I like that it makes 3 loaves, as
it really makes it worth the effort. I make a lot of bread, and find
it hard to find really good wheat ones that everybody likes. The
texture was perfect.

Review: I've made this recipe several times & it always turns out
perfectly. I roll out 1/3, brush with butter then roll up & slice
like cinnamon rolls. It makes the most fantastic dinner rolls.

Review: This bread was delicious and easy to make (2 pluses in my
book). The taste is very good!!! Plus, I love that it makes three
loaves. Will be making this one over and over again!

Review: This makes great sandwiches and toast. I have used it to also
make wonderful cinnamon rolls and cinnamon bread. I just left out the
sunflower seeds.

Review: Great bread recipe. This also makes excellent toast. Will
definitely make this again and again.

Review: I made this bread (1/3 recipe) completely in my bread
machine. I did add 1 1/4 Tsp of vital wheat gluten; also, I added
extra water (1 1/2 Tbsp) This is the first 100% wheat bread that
turned out moist and light. There are only two of us and I make bread
at least twice a week. This will be great to alternate with our usual
multi-grain.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sunflower-seed-honey-wheat-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 126 Calories; 4g Fat (29.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
3mg Cholesterol; 190mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0120