Vegan Pumpkin Bread

Sun, 28 May 2023 19:16:16 -0700
v123.n011.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Vegan Pumpkin

Recipe By     : Susan Johnson
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Posted                          Quick Bread
                 Vegetarian

   3 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   3               cups  sugar
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  ground nutmeg
      1/2      teaspoon  baking powder
   15                oz  pumpkin
   1                cup  canola oil
      2/3           cup  water
   2          teaspoons  vanilla extract

This easy vegan pumpkin bread recipe was given to me by my stepmom
shortly after she and my dad got married 40 years ago. It's perfect
for potlucks since it makes two loaves and is dairy- and egg-free.
Everyone who tries it loves it!

Vegan Pumpkin Bread Tips
What can you add to pumpkin bread?
There are plenty of flavors you can add to this vegan treat. We
recommend mixing in your favorite nuts, berries or seeds. Some of our
favorites are dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and walnuts. If you
have a sweet tooth, stir in dairy-free chocolate chips.

How do you keep pumpkin bread moist?
This vegan pumpkin bread is moist as is. To keep the whole loaf as
moist as your first slice, make sure you store it properly (read on!).

How do you store pumpkin bread?
You can store fresh vegan pumpkin bread for up to a week in the
fridge. To store your pumpkin bread for even longer, freeze it!
Pumpkin bread should last for up to three months stored in an
airtight container in the freezer. (Be sure to check out this pumpkin
bread freezer guide for more tips!)

Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Serving size: 16 slices each

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, salt,
baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. In another bowl,
whisk pumpkin, oil, water and vanilla until blended. Add to flour
mixture; stir just until moistened.

Transfer to 2 greased 9x5" loaf pans lined with parchment. Bake until
a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 minutes. Cool in
pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaf / loaves in plastic wrap and
foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature.

Review: I made one large cake, added sweetened dried cranberries and
used stevia (half the amount of the sugar). I turned out lovely - we
just had it with custard for an impromptu Christmas dessert.

Review: I made one large cake, added sweetened dried cranberries and
used stevia (half the amount of the sugar). I turned out lovely - we
just had it with custard for an impromptu Christmas dessert.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/vegan-pumpkin-bread/
Yield:
   "2 loaves"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 187 Calories; 7g Fat (33.1%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 148mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch);
1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0412