Re: Dill Bread

sue@interport.net (Sue)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 01:45:52 -0500 (EST)
v098.n013.7
>From: Tinindian7@aol.com

>I am searching for a Dill Bread recipe I think I found in one of the Bread
>Digest.  However after searching many hours in the archives, with no luck I
>might add, I am still without a favorite recipe of my family.  If someone has
>a recipe for Dill Bread that can be made in ABM i sure would appreciate it.

Here is the recipe I use, as posted on my website at
http://www.users.interport.net/~sue/food/buttrmlk.html

You might have to change the proportions of flour and buttermilk.

***************************************
This is a great basic white bread recipe; nice toasted or for sandwiches.
Add a teaspoon of dried dill weed for a different and delicious twist.

BUTTERMILK BREAD
(Source: Toastmaster manual)

                       1 lb                1.5 lb

buttermilk             3/4 c               1 c + 2 tbsp
oil                    2 tbsp              3 tbsp
lemon juice            1 tsp               1 tsp
salt                   1 tsp           1-1/2 tsp
honey                  2 tbsp              3 tbsp
flour                2-1/2 c             3-1/4 c
baking soda          1/4 tsp             1/4 tsp
yeast                1/4 tsp           1-1/2 tsp

Sue(tm)