curiousity kills......

Frank and Christine Laberge <flaberge@magi.com>
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:23:12 -0500
v098.n016.6
Hello,

it was sometime ago when one of the poster mentioned about baking bread
starting with a cold oven, I got curious and decided to try baking my
sourdough buns. One batch was put in cold, while the 2nd batch was later
put into the preheated oven. I do notice some slight difference.

Results :
cold oven : the bread was much smaller & not as tall

preheated oven : Hmm, the bread/buns was much taller & bigger or puffier
and it looks a lot nicer too.....but tastewise they are the same to me,
anyways.

This not not meant in any negative way but just that curiosity got the
better of me as I have heard of it before once and when the poster
mentioned that ........hey, I've got to find out for myself.

Thanks Reg  & all good advisors out there and the wonderful recipes.
*                      Christine Laberge
                  *
*                    Aylmer, P.Q. Canada
              *
*                    flaberge@magi.com						       		 *