Red Lobster Garlic Biscuits

prairie-wind@juno.com (Karen K. Deck)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:09:56 -0800
v098.n023.2
Hello!  This is my first time to post.  I have been a subscriber for over
a year.  The recipes and information are great!!

Bonnie-- I hope this is what you are looking for.  This recipe was in a
December 1994 Weight Watchers magazine.  Of course, WW "lightened" the
recipe.  They noted that Red Lobster warned that their recipe was
developed for commercial use and results wouldn't be the same prepared in
household oven.  I have made these biscuits and they are wonderful--just
like the ones at Red Lobster.

WW also indicated that the Red Lobster recipe used a buttermilk baking
mix; and WW reduced the amount of garlicky margarine from 1/2 cup to 1
Tablespoon.

Enjoy!!!

RED LOBSTER GARLIC CHEESE BISCUITS    (12 Servings)

2 cups minus 1 tablespoon		All-purpose flour
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons		Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon			Baking soda
Pinch (1/8 teaspoon)		Salt
3 tablespoons			Margarine, stick, chilled
3/4 cup				Buttermilk, low-fat (1.5%)
1 1/2 ounces 			Cheddar cheese (sharp), grated
1/4 teaspoon			Garlic powder
				***Italian Seasoning

1.  Preheat oven to 450 F.  Line baking sheet with parchment or wax
paper; spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2.  In medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda
and salt.  Add 2 tablespoons of the margarine and blend with pastry
cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Add buttermilk and cheese;
combine with fork, handling dough as little as possible.  Drop by
spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; bake until lightly browned, 8-10
minutes.

3.  While biscuits are baking, in small microwavable bowl, add remaining
tablespoon margarine; microwave until melted.  Stir in garlic powder; set
aside. ***I like to add 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning to the garlic
butter.

4.  When biscuits are done, remove from oven and brush margarine mixture
evenly over warm biscuits.  Remove from baking sheet and serve
immediately.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]