thermometers?

CHAMBERS <captnemo@eagle.cc.ukans.edu>
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:20:23 -0500 (CDT)
v098.n029.20
I need a small, quick reading thermometer to measure the temperature of
things you use in making bread (yeasts, water, etc).  I'm not a bread
machine user (which would probably solve all my problems along these
lines) I now use a glass candy thermometer which works ok but they are
really fragile and take forever to produce a crude reading.  Their big
virtue is tht they are scaled right, i.e., read from 90-140 degrees.
Oven thermomenters scale is too high (140-400 degrees) and digital body
temperature thermometers are too low (90-105 degrees).

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can buy a small digital
thermomenter for $10 or less ... there is a small round dial metal
thermometer at Target  Stores for $10 but doubt it reads faster than my
candy thermometer, probably isn't as accurate ... And, the price is
outrageous since it looks like it costs about a quarter to make!
Don Chambers