7 grain cereal

cbl01@vicon.net (candace)
Sun, 31 May 1998 07:17:30 -0400 (EDT)
v098.n043.3
Hi all,

Jane asks:

>I have a question regarding the 7-grain cereal I often see listed as an
>ingredient. <snip>. I did find a box of whole grains called 7-grain cereal
>in the "health food" aisle <snip> do I cook it
>before using it in my bread recipe?

Our favorite bread is a 10-grain cereal bread that I make using King Arthur
Flour's mix. The recipe that KA sent along with the cereal mix suggests that
you cook the cereal first. I have never done that, and --as I said--it's our
favorite bread.

Another trick I've read about (but not tried) is to boil water, measure the
amt. you need for the recipe, and pour it into the bread machine pan. Then
put in the cereal. Stir to coat the mix with the water and let it sit until
it reaches room temperature (or the temp. call for by your machine. Then
proceed as usual.

Hope this helps,

Candace