7 grain cereal

Rosemary Grimm <bf940@lafn.org>
Sun, 31 May 98 06:04:16 PDT
v098.n043.4
For whoever asked about 7grain cereal:

It can be found in some supermarkets and all health food
stores. It is usually sold in 2 lb celephane bags. Rob's Red
Mill and Arrowhead Mills are two brands. You will usually find
recipes printed on the package. At my health food store there
are many different combinations from 3 to 12 grains. This is
not granola--not sweetened, no added fat or flavors. It is a
convenient way of adding a variety of grains to bread, without
buying lots of packages. Actually I do buy all the different
grains separately and have itty bitty bags of this and that
lost in my freezer. (I keep all nuts and grains frozen.)

You can just add the cereal to flours in breadmaking or you
can cook it first and decrease the other liquid in the recipe.
There is a recipe for 7grain cereal bread, contributed by Bill
Kaufmann of Reading Pennsylvania, at my web site:

http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/4496/guest.html

There are also other multigrain bread recipes there.

Rosemary Grimm, GARVANZA, CALIFORNIA
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/4496