Ezekiel's Bread

"Mimi B." <mimisbox@hotmail.com>
Sun, 07 Jun 1998 14:46:27 CDT

From:  "Healing Foods From The Bible"

2 cups soy flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/4 cup rye flour
l cup lentils, cooked and mashed
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup honey
4 cups water
1 tablespoon salt

Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water and 1 tablespoon of honey.
Set aside 10 minutes.  Combine the next five ingredients.
Blend lentils, oil, honey and a small amount of water in a
blender.  Place in a large mixing bowl with remaining water.
Stir in two cups of (mixed) flour.  Add the yeast mixture.  Stir
in salt and remaining flour.  Place on floured bread board
and knead until smooth.   Put in oiled bowl.  Let rise until double in
bulk.   Knead again, cut dough and shape into four large loaves. Place
in greased pans.  Let rise.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to one
hour.

(There is some confusion about the "fitches" called for in the original
recipe.  Apparently, the fitches referred to a herb.  Cumin, fennel and
nutmeg have all been suggested as the mistranslated "fitches".  Take
your pick or leave them out.  Any of them will add a unique taste to
your homemade bread.)

Then as now, Ezekiel's bread is crammed with such wholesome,
life-extending nutrients as protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium,
potassium, vitamins A and C, thiamin, riboflavin and niacin.

Mimi :]
Mimi's Cooksbox:
http://welcome.to/mimiscooksbox
Mimi's Mailbox: