Cheese Bread

"Mega-bytes" <mega-bytes@email.msn.com>
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 08:39:05 -0400
v098.n059.17
I make the dough for this bread in my bread machine and usually just shape
it into rolls, however, I have done 1/2 rolls and 1/2 into a loaf.  This
bread has
a very good cheesy taste - my husband loves it.  Makes wonderful toast also.

Enjoy,
Martha

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Cheddar Cheese Bread

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breads/Abm: Cheese

   1      package       yeast
   3      cups          bread flour
     1/4  cup           nonfat dry milk
   1      tablespoon    soft butter
   1      teaspoon      salt
   2      tablespoons   sugar
   1 1/4  cups          warm water
   1 1/2  cups          grated sharp cheddar cheese

1.  Place ingredients, in the order listed, into the pan.  Select white
bread, and press "Start".

NOTES:  Unless otherwise noted all ingredients should be at room
temperature.  This can be mixed on dough setting  of the bread machine.
After Second kneading, remove dough from machine, divide into to equal
portions and place in small loaf pans.  Cover and let rise to double, about
45 min to 1 hour.  Bake at  350 f.  for 35-40 min.

Since this makes 2 loaves, you can instead make a few sandwich buns instead.
Cut dough in half, and make one into a loaf.  With the other half, cut into
medium/small pieces and roll into a rope ~ tie the rope into a knot with one
end sticking up partially through the hole, the other end not.   Place on a
cookie sheet and let proof about 10 minutes or so.   Spread with egg wash
and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds.  Bake about 25 minutes or until
golden.