CCA birthday party

Sat, 12 Sep 1998 21:25:37 -0700
v098.n067.10
Jeff and I went to the street fair for CCA's 50th birthday today.  What a
fun time!!  We got "stuck" at the bread stand.  We got to meet and talk
with Keith Giusto of Giusto Mills.  We watched him and his fantastic wood
burning oven parked in the street just baking the most wonderful breads!!
We bought a loaf of walnut bread, a sourdough and finally a semolina sesame
bread to bring home.  They taste fantastic.  We also had a piece of his
tomato-onion foccacia and a cinnamon roll ... both were incredible.  He
isn't on line yet but when he is he is going to join us on bbd.  He will be
a wonderful source for info about milling of flours and bread baking info
too.  I bought a bag of his flour (he has a mill in South San Francisco)
and am looking forward to using it.

We also went into the CCA and looked around.  What an impressive building.
There were things happening all over inside.  There were demo's on all
sorts of things ... African Cuisine, Antipasta, Cake Decoration, Chile
Peppers, Choc. Strawberries, Cooking4Teens (Pizza), EZ Bake Ovens, Fruit
Salsas, Ice Carving, Knife Demo, Modeling Flowers, Risotto/Wild Mushrooms,
Saffron, Salt, Souffles, and Truffles.  There was a room with knives,
impliments, cookbooks, chef clothes/shoes, and posters etc for sale.  I
picked up the brochure for their weekend courses.  I am going to call and
get permission to post appropriate classes so that any of you who would be
interested could take some.

There was lots of wonderful booths and people.  It happens again tomorrow
so if any of you could make it I am sure you would have a pleasant time
taking it all in.