Yogurt Cheese Questions

"Terry Klodnicki" <Terry_Klodnicki@email.msn.com>
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:50:36 -0400
v098.n071.12
Hi,

Although I heard about it before (from this list along time ago???), I never
tried to make yogurt cheese, but recent posts have peaked my interest.  I
love the idea of making it flavored.  Do you think I could mix some mashed
berries into the yogurt before draining?  Does anyone have any other
flavored yogurt cheese recipes that they really like?  If you make it plain,
does it taste like plain yogurt, or is it more like cream cheese?

A few specifics...  How long should the cheese drain?  How should it be
stored, and how long will it keep?  Can you use nonfat yogurt?

Thanks,

Terry