Rustic bread

Joyce L Owen <jowen@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:02:25 -0800
v098.n079.4
A few weeks ago someone on this list mentioned *In Search of the Perfect
Rustic Loaf* on the King Arthur website.  Thank you, whoever you are!  I
got the recipe and tried it.  It is FABULOUS!   Words can't describe how
wonderful it is, how crusty and chewy, with holes in it.  Exactly like what
my son buys in a Seattle bakery.  Very easy to make, too.  Mix the sponge
in the breadmaker, unplug and leave it overnight.  Next day add the
remaining ingredients and set on dough cycle.  Then form the loaf by hand,
let rise, and bake in the oven.  By the way, the dough is quite wet and
sticky, and might be hard to knead by hand.

It's so good, I just started another loaf.  If anyone asks, I'll post the
recipe, or you can get it from the King Arthur website.
Joyce

Joyce Owen
Eugene OR

 "Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are
 wonderful." -- Ann Landers