--------- Begin forwarded message ----------
From: Joy Carlson
Subject: My mom's English Muffin recipe
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 19:29:35
My mother makes these once in a while, and I find them very
tasty, especially with a bit of butter and a dab of jam. They freeze and
New English Muffins Makes 20-30 muffins
recipe halves well
2 c. milk
4 tbs. sugar
2/3 tbs. salt
6 tbs. margarine
2 c. water
2 pkgs. yeast
10 to 11 cups of flour
1. Scald milk and add salt, sugar, margarine. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add to lukewarm milk mix.
3. Add flour to make dough that isn't too sticky.
4. Cover and rise 1 hour.
5. Roll out on sprinkled cornmeal to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out with
round cookie cutter. Put on wax paper sprinkled with cornmeal,
cover, let rise 30 min. or so, till doubled.
6. Lightly grease cast iron skillet, place on medium to medium high
heat. Cook ten minutes per side. Don't let burn. Don't crowd
7. Cool on rack.
--------- End forwarded message ----------
You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]