Basic Banana Muffins

Sun, 10 Feb 2019 21:10:12 -0800
v119.n009.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Muffins, Basic Banana

Recipe By     :Lorna Greene
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  sugar
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   3             medium  bananas -- ripe
   1              large  egg -- room temperature
      1/3           cup  vegetable oil
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract

This banana muffin recipe goes over so well with kids. Not only are
these banana bread muffins like cupcakes, but they're ready, start to
finish, in just half an hour!

Prep: 10 min.
Bake: 20 min. +cooling

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, mash the
bananas. Add egg, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry
ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin
cups half full.

Bake at 375F for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a
wire rack to cool completely.

Cal 209, Fat 7g, Carb 36g, Sod 209mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 2g

Review: i have been dying to try out making banana bread so when i
woke up to overripe bananas on Monday i asked my helper not to throw
them away coz i want to bake with them. my daughter overheard us and
said mama please make cupcakes and not bread since you don't have
bread tin, lol. so i came to google and found this recipe. with my
little baking experience and the reviews here i used half cup sugar
and they were a hit and soooo moist. the family murdered them so fast
they begged me to make more. because i was trying out the recipe i
stuck to measurements, except for the sugar of course, but on the
weekend i'm going to double it to make 2 dozen. thank you for a
simple, fail proof recipe.

Review: These are excellent muffins and very easy to make. I used my
large muffin tin instead of the small and got 6 delicious muffins. I
know it's a winner if my husband likes them. Definitely a do over.

Review: I made this recipe for a friend who recently moved house
warming gift. So simple and easy. I used frozen ripe bananas. They
browned beautifully.

Review: Delicious muffins! This is one of the easiest banana muffin
recipes I've ever tried, and it was the one with the best results.
I've made my fair share of banana muffins over the years, and I think
this recipe made the best muffins yet. I kept the recipe completely
as written, but I did add about a half cup of chopped walnuts to the
batter. I love that it called for vegetable oil instead of crisco,
made it even faster to complete the recipe. I would definitely
recommend this recipe. :)

Source:
   "Originally published as Basic Banana Muffins in Taste of Home
December/January 1998"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-banana-muffins/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 209 Calories; 7g Fat (28.6%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
18mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0210