Copycat Bojangles Cinnamon Biscuits

Wed, 13 Mar 2019 18:05:20 -0700
v119.n012.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                    Biscuits, Copycat Bojangles Cinnamon

Recipe By     :Lindsay
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

                         CINNAMON FILLING
      1/2           cup  brown sugar -- lightly packed
   1               tbsp  ground cinnamon
   3               tbsp  flour
   2               tbsp  butter -- melted
                         BISCUITS
   2               cups  self-rising flour
   2                tsp  baking powder
   2                tsp  powdered sugar
      1/2           tsp  ground cinnamon
      1/2           cup  salted butter -- very cold, cubed Note*
      1/4           cup  butter flavored shortening -- very cold, cubed
      3/4           cup  buttermilk -- plus
   2               tbsp  buttermilk
                         VANILLA GLAZE
      3/4           cup  powdered sugar
   1               tbsp  milk -- (to 2T)

Note*  Half of the butter will be used in the biscuits and the other
half is melted for brushing over the top of the baked biscuits.

Preheat oven to 450F.

Make cinnamon filling by combining brown sugar, cinnamon, flour and
melted butter. Set aside.

In a separate medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder,
powdered sugar and cinnamon.

Use a pastry cutter to cut 1/4 cup butter and shortening into the
flour mixture. Your butter and shortening should be cold enough to
stay in pieces and not blend into the flour. You want to have little
bits of butter and shortening throughout.

Make a hole in the center of your flour mixture, then pour in the buttermilk.

Use a wooden spoon to carefully fold the ingredients together until
just combined. Dough will be sticky.

Knead the dough 2-3 times on a lightly floured surface. Do no over
knead. You should still see bits of butter and shortening and dough
should be coarsely combined, not smooth. Spread the dough out to
desired thickness. I was about to get 4 biscuits from the first round
of cutting.

Use a sharp biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. Do not use a spinning
motion to cut biscuits. Press down, then lift up. You'll have more
dough that you can cut a couple more biscuits from, but be careful
not to over knead it when re-spreading it.

Place biscuits on an unlined baking sheet, preferably lighter in color.

Make a little dent in the center of the biscuits. Add about 1
tablespoon of cinnamon filling to the hole.

Bake for about 12 minutes, or until lightly brown on the lights and edges.

Remove biscuits from oven, then brush with remaining 1/4 cup of butter, melted.

Remove biscuits to a plate to cool and top with vanilla glaze.

Review:  One of my husband's coworkers brought some to work the other
day, my husband commented to me that he really like them so we
stopped at Bojangles yesterday and had one. They are delicious! I
will be making them.  Thanks for the recipe.

Review: I just made these for my family this morning. THESE are AMAZING!!!!!!

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/copycat-bojangles-cinnamon-biscuits/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 534 Calories; 29g Fat (47.6%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
53mg Cholesterol; 931mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Non-Fat Milk; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0313