Paleo Banana Nut Muffins

Fri, 12 Apr 2019 18:46:18 -0700
v119.n017.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Muffins, Paleo Banana Nut

Recipe By     : Rachel
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Nuts
                 Posted

   3              large  ripe bananas -- 1 2/3 cups mashed or 380 grams (to 4)
   3                     eggs -- room temperature
   3        tablespoons  coconut oil -- melted
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
      1/3           cup  almond butter
      1/3           cup  coconut flour -- (50g)
   1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      3/4      teaspoon  baking soda
      3/4      teaspoon  baking powder
      1/4      teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  toasted walnuts -- chopped

You would never guess that these Paleo Banana Nut Muffins have no
added sugar - all the sweetness comes from the bananas! These
gluten-free muffins make a great breakfast or snack.

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 18 minutes
Total: 28 minutes

Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners
or grease with coconut oil.

In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut
oil, vanilla extract and 1/3 cup almond butter until fully combined.

Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the walnuts.

Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins.

Bake in the preheated oven for about 16 to 19 minutes. A toothpick
inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.

Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10
minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.

Cal 187, Fat 15g, Carb 13g, Fiber 4g, Pro 5g

Review: This is literally the first coconut flour paleo recipe that
I've made that I have not thrown in the trash can! These are
seriously so good thank you! I will definitely be looking and making
your other recipes!

Review: Awww These muffins are GORGEOUS! I love finding new paleo
breakfast goodies to make for my mom who's on the paleo diet, and I
have a feeling she's going to LOVE these. Anything banana and nut is
an automatic WINNER.

Question: Would it be possible to sub peanut butter for the almond butter?
Response: Yes definitely! Any nut or seed butter should work well here.

Review: No added sugar and no artificial sweeteners? I'm in! I love
how there are lots of bananas - 3 or 4, not just one :) The banana
flavor will come through for sure - mouthwatering!

Review: I just love your paleo recipes! Happy you are feeling better!
I have some coconut flour that I need to use up as I never really
like using it in my bakes, but I have a feeling it will work well in
this recipe!

Review: Wow these are good! Fluffy and crunch with just the right
amount of sweetness from the bananas. I will definitely be making
these on a regular basis! I had to bake mine for a bit longer than
the 19 minutes stated in the recipe - it was more like 22 to 24
minutes for me before the toothpick came out clean. But I have a
finicky oven, so I'm not surprised.

Question: Yumm, these babies just came out of the oven! How long do
these stay fresh? Have you tried freezing them? I would like to take
them to work for breakfast.
Response: They freeze really well. I'd stay they keep fresh for about
2 days stored at room temperature, and they'll keep in the fridge for
about 5 days. Hope this helps!

Source:
   "Adapted from Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread"
S(Internet address):
   "https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Paleo-Banana-Nut-Muffins-1518176";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 197 Calories; 15g Fat (65.9%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
53mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0412