Ultra-thin Pizza Crust with Mod-inspired Toppings

Mon, 06 May 2019 20:14:47 -0700
v119.n019.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

          Crust, Ultra-thin Pizza Crust with Mod-inspired Toppings

Recipe By     :King Arthur Flour Co.
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Italian
                 Low Fat                         Posted

                         CRUST
   372                g  Pizza Flour Blend -- *Tip, (3C or 13 1/8 oz)
   1         tablespoon  Pizza Dough Flavor -- optional; for enhanced
pizza flavor
   1           teaspoon  salt
   1           teaspoon  instant yeast
   50                 g  olive oil -- (1/4C or 1 3/4 oz)
   227                g  lukewarm water -- (to 283g or 1 to 1 1/4C or
8 to 10 oz)
                         LUCY SUNSHINE TOPPING -- (ENOUGH FOR 2 PIZZAS)
                         olive oil -- or garlic oil
   227                g  fresh mozzarella -- thinly sliced or torn, (one 8-oz)
                         freshly grated Parmesan -- to taste
   390                g  artichoke hearts -- drained and quartered,
(13.75-oz can)
   152                g  pizza sauce -- (2/3C or 5 3/8 oz)
                         DILLON JAMES TOPPING -- (ENOUGH FOR 2 PIZZAS)
                         olive oil -- or garlic oil
   152                g  pizza sauce -- (to 227g or 2/3C to 1C or 5
3/8 to 8 oz)
   227                g  fresh mozzarella -- thinly sliced or torn, (one 8-oz)
                         freshly grated Parmesan -- to taste
   340                g  fresh tomatoes -- sliced horizontally into
10 thin (1/8" to 1/4") rounds, (to 397g or 1 to 2 large or 12 to 14 oz)
                         fresh basil -- torn or chopped, to taste

Starting from a single shop in Seattle, Washington, MOD Pizza is now
known across the country as the place for artisan, made-to-order
pizza. In celebration of our partnership with them, we bring you this
recipe, which merges our recipe for Ultra-Thin Pizza Crust with their
Lucy Sunshine and Dillon James topping combinations, complementary
combos as good as any we could ever imagine.

PREP: 30 mins.
BAKE: 12 mins. to 15 mins.
TOTAL: 2:25
YIELD: 2 medium (12") pizzas

To make the crust: Combine the dry ingredients, oil, and 1 cup water,
mixing and kneading - by hand, mixer, or bread machine - to make a
soft, smooth dough; adjust with additional water if necessary.

Cover the dough, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 to 90
minutes, or until it begins to look puffy.

In the meantime, position a rack in the middle of the oven and place
a baking stone on it. While a baking stone isn't necessary, it
produces a wonderful crisp crust. Preheat the oven to 425F.

Divide the dough into two equal portions and place each on a separate
piece of parchment paper (if baking on a stone) or on two lightly oil
pizza pans or baking sheets.

Press the dough outward from the center to make a very thin, flat
circle about 12" across. If the dough starts to resist stretching,
cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes to relax the gluten before
resuming shaping.

To top with the Lucy Sunshine combination: Brush the pizzas with
garlic oil, then top with an even layer of mozzarella and Parmesan.
Evenly distribute the artichoke heart quarters over the cheese.

To top with the Dillon James combination: Brush the pizzas with
garlic oil, then spread with a thin coating of pizza sauce. Top with
an even layer of mozzarella, Parmesan, and tomato slices.

Bake the pizzas for 12 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Remove the pizzas from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.

Spoon a dollop of pizza sauce onto each quarter of the Lucy Sunshine
pizzas, and/or scatter fresh basil over the Dillon James pizzas. Serve hot.

*Tip: If desired, substitute 1 1/2C (6 1/4 ozs, 177g) King Arthur
Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, 1C (5 3/4 ozs, 163g) semolina flour,
and 1/2C (2 1/8 ozs, 60g) durum flour for the pizza flour blend.

Review: This crust is a dream. I could tell after giving the dough
time to rise that it was different from other recipes I had tried
because it felt so different in my hands as I was shaping it. It
shaped so easily and baked up a beautiful texture, color and good
taste. The parchment paper was a really good idea since I don't have
a pizza peel and often struggle with getting pizza on and off the
stone, the paper made that task easy. I made the dough as specified
in the recipe but did not have the KAF pizza flavoring to add, I can
only imagine it would make this dough tastier and I will be trying
that next time.

Review: The pizza dough recipe is so easy and delicious. I mixed the
ingredients using the dough hook and baked the pizza in my Breville
pizza maker.

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/ultra-thin-pizza-crust-with-mod-inspired-toppings-recipe";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 171 Calories; 6g Fat (32.0%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
8mg Cholesterol; 292mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 2019 - 0506