Dried Cranberry Scones

Sat, 27 Jul 2019 22:12:15 -0700
v119.n031.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Scones, Dried Cranberry

Recipe By     :Sherry Leonard
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Posted

   2               cups  all-purpose flour
      1/4           cup  sugar
   2 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   6        tablespoons  cold butter
      3/4           cup  buttermilk
   1              large  egg -- room temperature
      3/4           cup  white baking chips
      3/4           cup  dried cranberries
   1         tablespoon  turbinado sugar -- (washed raw)

I go on vacation with my best friend to Grand Haven, Michigan, every
July. Her cousin, Sherri, is not allowed to come unless she brings
her special scones! She makes her summer scones with dried cherries,
but I change them up with cranberries to make them for the holidays.
A note - you cannot double this recipe. If you need more than 12
scones, make two separate recipes.

Prep: 20 min.
Bake: 15 min.

Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking
powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In another bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg; stir into crumb mixture
just until moistened. Stir in baking chips and cranberries.

Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2" apart onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.

Cal 247, Fat 10g, Carb 36g, Sod 290mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Source:
   "Originally published as Dried Cranberry Scones in Taste of Home
Christmas Annual 2019"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dried-cranberry-scones/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 240 Calories; 10g Fat (40.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
34mg Cholesterol; 291mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0710