Honey-Oat Pan Rolls

Thu, 14 Nov 2019 19:19:17 -0800
v119.n046.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Rolls, Honey-Oat Pan

Recipe By     :Arlene Butler
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   2 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- (to 2 3/4C)
      3/4           cup  whole wheat flour
      1/2           cup  rolled oats
   2           packages  active dry yeast -- (1/4 oz each)
   1           teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  water
      1/4           cup  honey
   5        tablespoons  butter -- divided
   1              large  egg

These tender rolls are relatively quick to make. Whole wheat flour
and oats make them nutritious, too.

Prep: 45 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min.

In a large bowl, mix 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour,
oats, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat water, honey and 4
tablespoons butter to 120-130F. Add to dry ingredients; beat on
medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in
enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).

Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until
doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and
shape into 24 balls. Place in a greased 13x9" baking pan. Cover with
a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375F. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack.

Cal 103, Fat 3g, Carb 17g, Sod 126mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: We really enjoyed these. Next time I'd only do 18 rolls in
the pan to make each one a little bigger.

Review: Good rolls! Next time I think I will serve them with some honey butter.

Review: Excellent roll recipe. I mixed the dough by hand and it
worked out well. I par-baked half the rolls in an aluminum pan for freezing.

Review: These rolls are hearty and delicious...my new go-to roll
recipe! Made the dough in the bread machine using the ingredients as
given and they turned out great.

Review: I've been making these for years and they are always
excellent. Will continue to make these for many years to come.

Review: I just made these rolls. Very good. I plan on serving them at
Thanksgiving. Will make again.

Review: I love these pan rolls. I have been changing 1 cup whole
wheat for 1 cup all purpose flour. Also I put in bread machine and
set it to dough. When its finished I go back to recipe at punch down dough.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/honey-oat-pan-rolls/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 103 Calories; 3g Fat (25.2%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
15mg Cholesterol; 117mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1114