Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls

Fri, 15 Nov 2019 14:08:16 -0800
v119.n046.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Rolls, Copycat Texas Roadhouse

Recipe By     :Donna Elick
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   4 1/2      teaspoons  active dry yeast -- (2 packets)
   2 1/2           cups  warm milk -- (110 to 115F)
      1/2           cup  good honey
   8        tablespoons  butter -- melted, divided
   2              large  eggs -- room temperature
   1         tablespoon  kosher salt
   8               cups  all-purpose flour -- (to 9C)

I look forward to devouring these fabulous tender sweet rolls
slathered in butter that are perfect enough to be a meal in
itself.  Don't take my word for it.  Whip up a batch and try them tonight.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, add yeast, milk and honey.  Swirl with
your fingers or a spoon to dissolve the yeast.  Allow the yeast to
bloom.  It will start to bubble and become aromatic, about 5 minutes.

Add 6 tablespoons butter, eggs and 4 cups of flour, mix on low using
dough hook, until smooth.  Add enough remaining flour to for the
dough to come together (mine takes the whole 4 1/2 additional cups)
add salt.  Allow to knead for about 7 to 9 minutes until dough is
tacky, but not sticky.

Turn onto a floured board; knead a few turns. Place in a bowl with 1
tablespoon butter bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with a damp
cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Meanwhile brush 2 cookie sheets with melted butter.

Punch dough down and turn out onto a floured board.  Roll dough into
a rectangle, about 1" tall.  Cut into 48 pieces, (6 rows cut into 8
rolls each).  Place rolls on buttered cookie sheets about 1/2 - 1"
apart.  Cover and let rise until almost doubled in size, about 45 to
60 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Bake both pans together.  12 to 15 minutes or until golden
brown.  Brush with remaining melted butter.

Serve and enjoy.

Review: I made these tonight. They were a big hit with my family.
Thank you for the recipe. They were very good.

Review: I just made these today and I couldn't be happier. They won't
last long in this house, they are a huge hit!

Review: I have never been to the Texas Roadhouse to compare these to
the real thing, but I couldn't resist trying this recipe. They turned
out great. They were light and fluffy and SO good! Thanks for the
recipe. I will for sure make this again!

Review: Made these today, using bread flour. Excellent! Family says
they were better than TRH!!!

Question: I don't want to make 48 rolls, can I make them bigger
individually so there will be less? Or can I just cut the recipe in
half to make less? I don't want to ruin the recipe...
Response: You certainly can make the rolls bigger. I have made giant
ones (making 24). Also, you can freeze the cooked ones and defrost
and eat at a later day. I wrap them in plastic wrap, then foil, then
place them in a freezer bag. Good for at least 6 months. Hope that
helps! Enjoy. (I have never halved the recipe, so I can not say
whether that would work. Baked goods are touchy with halving and doubling).

Question: Can you start these in a bread maker?
Response: I do not use a bread maker, but I believe it would work. If
you try it let me know. Thanks!
Response: I split the recipe in half, and used the dough cycle on my
bread machine. The rolls came out perfectly, and were delicious!
Response: I also used the dough cycle on my bread machine and used
bread flour, instead of all purpose flour. The rolls were delicious
and were light and fluffy in texture. Definitely going to make these again!

Review: I made these tonight, followed recipe exactly but used bread
flour instead of A.P. Absolutely fantastic! I'm really glad I didn't
have time to make the honey butter recipe above, or I would have
skipped my meal and just had salad/rolls...then rolls honey butter
for dessert! Thanks so much for rhe recipe! Now that I know what to
expect from this recipe, I think next time I will freeze half ( or
even 3/4) of the dough after the first rise. I do it all the time
with bread dough, so I would think it would work with this dough also.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.theslowroasteditalian.com/2013/10/copycat-texas-roadhouse-rolls-recipe.html

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 116 Calories; 3g Fat (21.6%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
16mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1115