Easy No-Knead Brioche Bread

Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:21:00 -0800
v119.n046.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Bread, Easy No-Knead Brioche

Recipe By     :Chris Scheuer
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

                         For the bread:
   4 1/4           cups  all-purpose flour -- (531.25 g)
   2          teaspoons  kosher salt
   2 1/4            tsp  instant yeast -- (7 g, or 1/4 oz)
   4        tablespoons  butter
      1/4           cup  milk -- (59.15 ml)
   1                     egg
      1/4           cup  sugar -- (50 g)
   1 1/4           cups  hot tap water -- (312.5 g)
                         For the egg wash:
   1              large  egg
   1         tablespoon  tap water
                         soft butter -- for greasing the pans

Stir together this one-bowl, Overnight No-Knead Brioche Bread before
bed. When you rise, it will be ready to shape and bake. It's the most
tender, buttery bread that's wonderful for toast, sandwiches or your
next dinner party!

Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins

Combine flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a medium-large bowl. Stir
well to combine then make a well in the center.

Melt butter in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds on high power,
until just melted. Remove from microwave and add the 1/4 cup of milk.
Stir with a fork then add the egg and stir again until well mixed.

Add the milk mixture to the well in the center of the flour. Add the
very warm tap water to the well then stir to combine. Continue
stirring until all flour is incorporated. Cover the dough and place
in refrigerator overnight, 8 to 16 hours.

Generously butter four 3x6" loaf pans and set aside. (Alternatively,
you could use two 8x5" loaf pans.)

Generously flour a work surface and tranfer the dough to the work
surface. Turn several times with a bench scraper or spatula until the
dough is well coated with flour.

Using a bench scraper or spatula, divide the dough into four equal
pieces. Turn each piece in the flour to coat all of the surfaces. Add
more flour to the work surface if needed.

Take one piece of the dough and flatten it out with your hands into a
rectangle shape with the long side slightly longer than one of your
bread pans. Turn to coat both sides with flour if any of the surfaces
are sticky.

Roll up tightly like a cinnamon roll, then tuck the ends under and
shape with your hands into a loaf. Place in one of the prepared pans.
Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.

Cover the pans with a clean kitchen towel and let the bread rise
again until the loaves look like they've doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.

When the loaves are close to being doubled in size, preheat the oven
to 350F. Prepare the egg wash by vigorously whisking together one
large egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside.

With a pastry brush, brush each loaf over the top with the egg wash.
Try to be careful not to let the wash drip down the sides of the
loaves into the pan.

Place loaves in the preheated oven for 18 to 25 minutes or until
golden brown. Check it after 15 minutes. If it's getting too brown on
the top, cover it with foil for the last 3 to 8 minutes. (Larger
loaves will take longer.) Remove bread from pans and transfer to a
cooling rack. (If bread is stuck to the side of the pan anywhere
(from the egg wash), loosen it with a small thin bladed knife.) Enjoy!

Cal 84, Fat 2g, Carb 14g, Sod 163mg, Fibe 1g, Pro 2g

Review: The best bread I've ever made! I couldn't believe how light
and delicate this turned out! I made two bigger loaves instead of
four smaller, and I was a bit worried since I had to leave it in the
oven for 75 whole minutes before I was sure it was fully bakedâ?¦ But
it was worth it for the fantastic result!

Review: Ah it was indeed a GOOD morning around here as I baked 2
loaves of this bread. Onel loaf was a bit smaller than the other and
not evenly risen (I will weigh the dough next time)and do a better
job of putting it in the pans) but the bread is really lovely,
especially with some of your freezer strawberry jam. I am very
pleased as I have struggled with bread making in the past and just
never got it â??right'. This will be my go-to from now on as we are
tired of spending between 6 and 9 dollars a loaf for nice bread. I
will try adding a few extras like seeds and nuts and see how that
goes. Just for a change. Thanks for this recipe. And how can you not
love the way the house smells!!

Review: This bread is the same as pandesal recipe calls for. The
different is how you shaped the dough. All the method are the same
except we roll the dough in bread crumbs before baking, and either
you refrigerate it over night to rise or on the counter for couple
hours. I'm just saying that you just figured it out that pandesal can
be shape to anything too. I don't have my website anymore but I had
the same post 2 years ago. But this is great. Glad someone like you
figured it out to re-posted this.

Source:
   "adapted from Alexandra Cooks"
S(Internet address):
   https://thecafesucrefarine.com/easy-no-knead-brioche-bread/#wprm-recipe-container-43413

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 86 Calories; 2g Fat (21.1%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
17mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1110