Sweet Orange Cinnamon Pull-apart Bread

Mon, 25 Nov 2019 23:54:26 -0800
v119.n048.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Bread, Sweet Orange Cinnamon Pull-apart

Recipe By     :Jessica
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Fruit                           Low Fat
                 Posted                          Stand Mixer

                         BREAD
   2 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   2                tsp  sugar
   2 1/4            tsp  active dry yeast
      1/3           cup  milk -- (whole or 2%)
      1/4           cup  unsalted butter
      1/4           cup  water
   2                tsp  vanilla extract
      1/4           tsp  salt
   2              large  eggs
   2               tbsp  freshly grated orange zest
                         FILLING
   6               tbsp  unsalted butter
      1/2           cup  sugar
   1 1/2            tsp  cinnamon
   3               tbsp  freshly grated orange zest
                         ORANGE ICING
   2               cups  powdered sugar
      1/4           cup  fresh orange juice
   1               tbsp  orange zest
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract

YIELD: 1 (9X5") LOAF

total time: 3 HRS

In the bowl of your electric mixer, stir together 2 cups of the
flour, sugar and yeast.

Place the milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat over low heat
just until the butter melts. Remove from the stovetop and let sit for
2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the water and vanilla extract. With the
dough hook attached to your mixer, stir in the milk and butter
mixture until combined. Add the salt and the eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange zest. The dough
will be very sticky! Add the remaining 3/4 cup flour gradually,
beating for another 2 to 3 minutes until the dough comes together
again. It should still be stick. Place it in a well oil bowl and
cover with a towel. Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.

After one hour, punch the dough down and turn it out on a floured
surface. Roll it into a large rectangle, about 12x20" if possible.
Add the filling: brush the dough with the melted butter, cover with
the sugar, cinnamon and orange zest. Use a pizza cutter to slice the
dough into 5 strips from top to bottom - lengthwise. Stack the 5
strips together, then cut them into 6 sets of squares.

Brush a 9x5" loaf pan liberally with melted butter. Place the dough,
cut side down, into the loaf pan, pressing it together. Cover with
plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place again for 45 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the pan in the oven and bake the
bread for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and set.
Remove and let cool for 10 minutes, then gently turn the bread out
onto a flat surface. Cover with the orange icing and serve immediately!

ORANGE ICING
Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and a glaze forms. If
it's too thick, add more orange juice 1 teaspoon at a time. If it's
too thin, whisk in more sugar a few tablespoons at a time until
desired consistency is reached.

Review: I made 2 pans of this bread for christmas - everybody loved
it and kept going back to the pan to eat a piece the whole day long!
It´s absolutley the perfect oranginess! My only alteration was the
sugar- I only took about hal of it. It was more than enough as the
glazing ist very sugary, too :-) Thank you for the recipe!

Review: I made this today and it turned out great and tastes
delicious as well. I had to add about 3 cups of flour instead because
dough was really sticky.

Review: This is so, so good. I don't remember the orange rolls
everyone is nostalgic for, but that didn't keep me from loving this
flavor combo :) It was my first time making a pull apart bread and I
think it's genius!

Review: I probably speak for everyone when i say that I'm dying for
more pics of Max and details about how the first few days are going,
but I also hope that you are taking tons of time to enjoy these first
moments. I'm sure the last few days have been amazing (and maybe
frazzled at times? Haha!), and hope you are all doing well and loving
every second!

This bread. It's nostalgia to me too. We make cinnamon rolls for
every holiday brunch, and they are almost always the orange glazed
ones from a can. I ADORE those. This has to be 1000x better!
Looks incredible!

Question: To bale it in the morning, do you refrigerate it after it
after the second rise?
Respnse: i would refrigerate it right before you'd do the second rise
- take it out in the morning and let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes,
maybe even on your stove as the oven warms!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.howsweeteats.com/2014/12/sweet-orange-cinnamon-pull-apart-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 220 Calories; 7g Fat (29.9%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
41mg Cholesterol; 42mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1125