Blueberry Muffin Bars

Mon, 06 Apr 2020 01:13:43 -0700
v120.n015.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Bars, Blueberry Muffin

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Desserts
                 Hand Made                       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

                         Nonstick cooking spray
   1 3/4           cups  quick-cooking rolled oats
      3/4           cup  all-purpose flour
      3/4           cup  whole-wheat flour
      3/4           cup  packed brown sugar -- see Tip
   1           teaspoon  apple pie spice
      1/2           cup  light butter -- 1 stick
      1/2           cup  coarsely chopped slivered almonds
   1                cup  sugar-free blueberry preserves
      1/2      teaspoon  almond extract

With all the supersize muffins out there, portion control can be a
challenge. These let you enjoy the flavors of a blueberry muffin, and
easily keep track of what you eat.

Active: 25 mins
Total: 1 hr

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 13x9x2" baking pan with foil, extending
foil up over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking
spray; set aside.

In a large bowl combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour,
brown sugar and apple pie spice. Using a pastry blender, cut in light
butter until mixture is crumbly. Transfer 3/4 cup of the crumb
mixture to a small bowl; stir in almonds. Set aside.

Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Bake for 10 minutes.

In a small bowl stir together the preserves and almond extract.
Carefully spread preserves evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved
crumb mixture; press lightly.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool
completely in pan on wire rack. Lift from pan using foil and cut into
bars. Wrap remaining bars in foil to store.

Tip: We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for the brown sugar
for this recipe.

Cal 89, Fat 12g, Carb 15g, Sod 18mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 2g

Review: I have no idea why you would recommend NOT using a brown
sugar substitute for this dish. I substituted almond flour for the
whole-wheat and 1/2 cup Sukrin Gold for the brown sugar. It turned
out lovely and delicious and a great dessert without my body going
through inflammation and a jump in my blood glucose.

Review: I used 1/2 cup of the sugar free blueberry jelly (that stuff
is yucky but I have to have some sweetness) and added some smashed
raspberries and blackberries. My picky husband even liked his with
some ice cream. Delish!

Source:
   "Diabetic Living Magazine"
S(Internet address):
   http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/263008/blueberry-muffin-bars/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 82 Calories; 3g Fat (31.7%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
5mg Cholesterol; 20mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0406