Icebox Butterhorns

Sat, 11 Apr 2020 20:01:41 -0700
v120.n015.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Rolls, Icebox Butterhorns

Recipe By     :Judy Clark
Categories    : Hand Made                       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   4 1/2            tsp  active dry yeast -- (1/4 oz each)
      1/4           cup  warm water -- (110 to 115F)
   2               cups  warm 2% milk -- (110 to 115F)
      3/4           cup  butter -- melted
      1/2           cup  sugar
   1              large  egg -- room temperature
   1           teaspoon  salt
   6 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
                         Additional melted butter

These beautiful golden rolls just melt in your mouth! People will be
impressed when these appear on your table.

Prep: 15 min. + chilling
Bake: 15 min.

In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl,
combine the milk, butter, sugar, egg, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups
flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining
flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).

Do not knead. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
half. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each into 12 wedges. Roll
up wedges from the wide ends. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
sheets, point side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a
warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
brush with additional melted butter. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.

Cal 206, Fat 7g, Carb 31g, Sod 170mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 5g

Review: The perfect roll!!! I made these for a potluck and almost
lost a finger passing them out. They are delicious, soft and filling.
Love them with butter

Review: Excellent. I love recipes l can make ahead. I made them just
as the recipe instructed, l put them overnight in the unseated front
porch. The dough had a lovely texture and very tasty. They looked
beautiful. My S-I-L insisted that l make these again. A winner.

Review: The perfect roll!!! I made these for a potluck and almost
lost a finger passing them out. They are delicious, soft and filling.
Love them with butter.

Review: Excellent. I love recipes l can make ahead. I made them just
as the recipe instructed, l put them overnight in the unseated front
porch. The dough had a lovely texture and very tasty. They looked
beautiful. My S-I-L insisted that l make these again. A winner.

Review: Oh my God! (and I say this with a mouth full of delicious
rolls) Absolutely delicious, soft and fluffy... Di-vine! I only made
half the quantity but won't be making that mistake again! Bring on
the elastic waist trousers, I am in love!

Review: Loved the ease and texture, but they needed more salt. With 6
cups of flour, 1 tsp of salt isn't enough.

Review: These are absolutely the best ever. After some said they were
too large I divided the dough into thirds and they came out a nice
medium size which I liked better. Other than that they are grand as
is. Thanks for this recipe, it's a keeper.

Review: This is the best butterhorn recipe I have made to date. They
turned out with a light and delicate texture, not dense at all.

Review: I have fond memories of fixing these for a family
get-together. These are so good slathered with butter while they're
still warm from the oven.

Review: These are by far the best rolls I've EVER made. I am making
them again as I type

Review: I made these for Easter dinner. Everyone raved about them.
They have a great buttery sweet taste. I did use half honey and half
sugar as the sweetening agent. I also used skim milk. The dough is
amazing to work with. I would like to try them with buttermilk next
time as another reviewer mentioned.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/easy-yeast-bread-recipes/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 206 Calories; 7g Fat (29.5%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
26mg Cholesterol; 162mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0411