Bread Machine Naan

Tue, 28 Apr 2020 20:33:15 -0700
v120.n018.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Bread Machine Naan

Recipe By     :Shannon Ventresca
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                   Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Ethnic                          Low Fat
                 Posted

      3/4           cup  2% milk -- warm, (70 to 80F)
      3/4           cup  plain yogurt
   1              large  egg -- room temperature, beaten
   2        tablespoons  canola oil
   2          teaspoons  sugar
   1           teaspoon  salt
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
   4               cups  bread flour
   2          teaspoons  active dry yeast

Chewy yeast-raised flat bread is a snap to make in a bread machine.
Serve naan with your favorite Indian dish to soak up the curry and sauces.

Prep: 1:55
Cook: 5 min./batch

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of
mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).

When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Divide into six portions; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a
1/4" thick oval. Let rest for 5 minutes.

Brush tops with water. In a greased large skillet, cover and cook
dough, wet side down, over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Turn dough;
cover and cook for 30 seconds longer or until golden brown. Repeat
with remaining dough.

Cal 363, Fat 7g, Carb 64g, Sod 302mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 14g

Review: We really enjoyed this! Super easy too! I used white whole
wheat flour, and it came out great! Roll out super thin to cook through.

Review: excellent recipe. made heaps of naan breads. I used garlic
salt instead of plain, 1 x 125 pot of yoghurt instead of the whole
3/4C and accidentally used the knead and rise setting, then rolled
them out extra thin, cooked and sprinkled with more garlic salt and
they made excellent salad wraps. I made another batch and rolled them
out thicker and cooked to go with a butter chicken curry. plan to
keep trying variations with herbs and spices to match various meals.
they also keep well and refresh easy with a few seconds warming in a microwave.

Review: I made this to go with a curry dish my family was having, and
thought it was great. I used my mixer rather than bread machine, and
used sour cream as I didn't have any yogurt. This is a fantastic
recipe. It has that chewy texture that I haven't been able to get
from other naan recipes. Brushing with garlic butter takes this over the top!

Review: Very good. The recipe does not say what to grease the large
skillet with though--vegetable oil, olive oil, butter? I used butter
flavored olive oil and it came out very delicious.

Review: Great recipe! I agree with the other review and will sprinkle
kosher salt when they are done.

Review: This recipe was actually fabulous! I did add 4 tablespoons to
the machine after four minutes in the dough cycle. It turned out very
attractive and delish. However, I will sprinkle lightly with Kosher
salt after cooking next time.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/bread-machine-naan/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 426 Calories; 9g Fat (18.3%
calories from fat); 15g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
42mg Cholesterol; 480mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0428