Easy Hawaiian Rolls

Fri, 10 Jul 2020 23:26:01 -0700
v120.n027.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Rolls, Easy Hawaiian 2

Recipe By     :Judith Hannemann
Serving Size  : 9     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                   Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Hand Made                       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   1                cup  warm water -- or pineapple juice
      1/3           cup  sugar
   2 1/4            tsp  instant yeast -- (aka bread machine yeast)
   2                tbs  oil
      3/4           tsp  salt
   3               cups  bread flour

PREP: 3:30
COOK: 45 mins
TOTAL: 4:15

Place water (or pineapple juice) in a large bowl. Add the sugar and
stir until dissolved. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 10
minutes. If bubbles form, yeast is active and you may proceed.

Add the oil and salt; stir.

Stir in flour, one cup at a time, until a soft dough forms. Turn out
on floured surface and knead for 5 to 8 minutes or until dough is
smooth and elastic.

Place about 1 tsp of oil in the bottom of a deep bowl. Add the dough
and coat the bottom of the dough with the oil; turn dough oil side
up. Cover and let rise for 1-1 1/2 hours or until double in bulk.

Stand mixer method:
Place water/pineapple juice in the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer.
Add the sugar and stir. Sprinkle yeast over liquid. Let stand for 10
minutes. If bubbles form, you may proceed.

Attach dough hook to machine. Add the oil and the salt. Mix at low speed.

Add flour, one cup at a time, and knead for 3 minutes. Proceed as above.

Bread machine method:
Add ingredients as per manufacturer's instructions. Set on dough
cycle. When time is up, proceed to "shaping" instructions.

Lightly spray or grease a 9 x 9" pan.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 9"
log. Cut off 9 equal portions and form into balls. Place in pan,
allowing space around each ball for rising.

Cover and let rise until double in bulk, about 30 to 45 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350F. Bake rolls for 15 to 20 minutes or until
internal temperature of rolls is 190F -OR- until when bottom of the
rolls are tapped, it produces a hollow sound.

While still hot, brush tops of each roll with butter. NOTE: what I do
is just rub the end of a stick of butter on each roll.

Review: OH MY!!! I just purchased a bread machine a couple weeks ago
and I am loving it. The recipes that came with it are good but seem
some have way too many ingredients.

I found your recipe on Pinterest and today it blew me away!! THESE
ARE AMAZING. So simple and only a few ingredients.

I just used the dough setting as you suggested and they came out
perfect. Probably the best rolls I've ever had. I used Dole Pineapple
juice and the flavor was perfect. Thanks so much!!

Review: I doubled this recipe today and they were perfect

Review: These rolls are DA BOMB! The closest store to me that sells
the Hawaiian rolls is about 25 miles away. I love to have them for
breakfast, but the drive is an inconvenience (to say the least). I've
just made my second batch. Throw everything in the bread machine, and
you're almost there. So easy and SO DELICIOUS. Thank you!

Review: Good recipe..,.a bit thicker texture than Hawaiian rollsâ?¦I
don't think I cooked mine long enough, and the flour was just a
little overpoweringâ?¦.next time I'll try bread flour. Overall it was
quite tasteful. Husband had no complaints and throughly enjoyed them
whereas I can be too much of a critic hehe. Thanks for the recipe,
can't get kings Hawaiian rolls now since moving to Australia.

Question: Has anyone tried this recipe in a loaf pan? I love how this
recipe is so easy to stir up!
Response: It will work great made as a loaf LaDonna. Same temp but
test for doneness after about 25 to 30 minutes.

S(Internet address):
   https://bakeatmidnite.com/easy-hawaiian-rolls-2/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 4g Fat (15.6%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 180mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0527