Pumpkin Bread with Salted Maple Butter

Sat, 11 Jul 2020 17:15:12 -0700
v120.n027.13
* Exported from MasterCook *

               Bread, Pumpkin Bread with Salted Maple Butter

Recipe By     :Molly Baz
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Nuts                            Posted
                 Quickbread

                         Bread
                         Nonstick vegetable oil spray
   2 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2               tsp.  ground cinnamon
   2               tsp.  kosher salt
   1               tsp.  baking powder
      1/2          tsp.  baking soda
      1/2          tsp.  freshly grated nutmeg
      1/8          tsp.  ground cloves
   2              large  eggs
   15               oz.  pumpkin puree
   4                tsp  finely grated ginger -- from about 3" fresh ginger
   1 1/2           cups  sugar -- plus
   1              Tbsp.  sugar
   1                cup  extra-virgin olive oil
      1/2           cup  pumpkin seeds, roasted -- raw
                         Maple Butter
   1 1/2         sticks  unsalted butter -- room temperature  (3/4C)
      1/4           cup  maple syrup -- pure
      3/4          tsp.  sea salt -- flaky  plus more for serving

Pumpkin Spice Bread gets all grown up thanks to the addition of fresh
ginger in this super-moist no-fuss bread with a crunchy pumpkin seed topping.

Makes one 9x5" loaf

Bread

Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick
spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment, leaving a generous overhang
on both long sides.

Whisk flour, cinnamon, kosher salt, baking powder, baking soda,
nutmeg, and cloves in a medium bowl.

Whisk eggs, pumpkin purée, ginger, and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large
bowl. Stream in oil, whisking constantly until mixture is
homogeneous. Gently fold half of dry ingredients into egg mixture
until no dry spots remain. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients,
stirring to combine but being careful not to overmix.

Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with a spatula. Scatter
pumpkin seeds over batter, pressing lightly to adhere. Sprinkle seeds
with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar. Bake bread, rotating pan once halfway
through, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 80
to 90 minutes.

Let cool slightly, then run a knife or small offset spatula around
pan to help loosen bread. Using overhang, transfer bread to a wire
rack and let cool.

Do Ahead: Bread can be baked 4 days ahead. Cover tightly with plastic
wrap and keep at room temperature.

Maple Butter

Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter in a large
bowl, scraping down sides, until light and fluffy, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add maple syrup and 3/4 tsp. sea salt and beat, scraping down sides
of bowl once more, just until incorporated.

Transfer maple butter to a small bowl; season with more sea salt.

Do Ahead: Maple butter can be made 5 days ahead. Cover tightly with
plastic wrap and chill. Let come to room temperature before using.

Review: I love this recipe! I have made it twice in the past few
weeks. The first time, I followed the recipe. It was delicious!
Admittedly, a bit like cake as opposed to bread. The second time, I
made a few tweaks to make it a bit healthier: I substituted half the
oil for non-fat Greek yogurt, cut the sugar back to 1 cup, used whole
wheat flour, and added chopped walnuts to the batter. I know there
are a lot of modifications, but it came out perfectly! It was
detectably less sweet but all the more excuse to eat it for
breakfast! It was still delicious. I will warn that it took
significantly longer than 80-90 minutes when I baked it in a glass
loaf pan. I probably had to add 20-30 minutes. Totally worth the wait!

Review: Delicious! Baked in a glass dish. Used butter to grease it.
No pumpkin seeds or fresh ginger to hand. Had to use ground ginger
since that's what I had. Still came out with a lovely bit of warmth.
Wonderfully moist as promised.

Review: We made this for a big group ski tri, and it was a hit! And
now we use the salted maple butter on everything! It is good on
popcorn, toast, etc. Use it everywhere! The seeds add good texture
and the whole bun is delicious! Highly recommend, super good.

Review: I've made this 3 times stuck at home in the past month and my
family has loved it every time. It comes together really quickly,
there's not too many ingredients, and you can serve it straight out
of the oven! In my house it doesn't last much longer than that. I
highly recommend it. The first time I made it, it came out a bit
dense, so subsequently I've been leaving it in the oven for around
100-110 minutes and it's turned out great since then!

Review: Excellent recipe! I made the loaf with homemade pumpkin puree
and it turned out awesome! The maple butter goes really well with the
cake and therefore I would highly recommend using it. Keep up the good work BA!

Review: This recipe is super easy, delicious, and always a crowd
pleaser. I've made it as the recipe suggests in a loaf pan with the
(delicious) salted maple butter, and have also made it multiple times
as a more traditional dessert in a bundt pan (slightly shorter
cooking time) with salted maple glaze. For the glaze, combine
confectioners sugar, maple, milk, and flaky salt to taste. Cooking in
a loaf pan will make you feel slightly more justified eating
leftovers for breakfast, but you'll probably do it either way.

S(Internet address):
   Pumpkin Bread with Salted Maple Butter

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 257 Calories; 16g Fat (54.0%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
33mg Cholesterol; 271mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0711