2 ingredient biscuit recipe

Joan Ross <butterflyflour@gmail.com>
Sun, 1 Nov 2020 10:29:32 -0500
v120.n042.1
Two Ingredient Biscuit Recipe

I love making biscuits and have a multitude of great recipes. I took
several biscuit making classes and used all the tips I learned to get
the results I want..

This is a great recipe especially for beginners.. One can find similar
recipes on the Internet.

2 cups of self rising flour chilled (White Lily Brand is great, but
any soft wheat self rising flour is fine.)  OR make your own self
rising flour : just add and mix 1/4 tsp or up to 1/2 tsp salt plus 1
1/2 tsp baking powder to each one cup of all purpose flour

2 cups heavy cream chilled

Preheat the oven to 475F.

Mix flour and heavy cream together with a mixing spoon just to
combine. It will be a sticky dough. Add just enough more flour if
needed so the dough comes together, it should be soft and pliable.

Place dough on a lightly floured countertop. Pat into a rectangle with
lightly floured hands, about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Use a sharp
knife and cut into 6 squares or as many as desired.

Place biscuits about 2 inches apart in a greased black iron skillet (
Lodge is a popular brand ). Bake in a preheated 475F oven middle or
center rack until tops are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes or as
needed. Brush tops with extra butter if desired and a touch of coarse
sugar or even sea salt if desired.

Eat while warm!

Note: The reason for square biscuits: prevents rerolling of scraps of
dough which causes less tender and poorly formed biscuits. You can use
this information for any biscuit recipe you choose.

If you do use a biscuit cutter, just push down and bring up and gently
push dough out of the cutter. Do not twist and turn the biscuit cutter
into the dough which alters the shape of the dough edges resulting in
poorly shaped biscuits as they rise.

Good luck, enjoy and experiment with different recipes till you find
your favorite way of making biscuits!