Flaxseed Buttermilk Pancakes

Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:09:14 -0800
v121.n004.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Pancakes, Flaxseed Buttermilk

Recipe By     : Robert Landolphi
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Pancakes/Waffles
                 Posted

   3 1/16        ounces  brown rice flour -- (about 2/3C)
   1 1/16        ounces  tapioca flour -- (about 1/4C)
   1 1/3         ounces  potato starch -- (about 1/C)
      7/8         ounce  flaxseed meal -- (about 1/4C)
   2          teaspoons  sugar
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/8      teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  lowfat buttermilk
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   2              large  eggs
      3/4           cup  maple syrup
      3/4           cup  fresh blueberries

These pancakes are the perfect disguise for a breakfast with some
nutritional heft thanks to the flaxseed meal, which also adds a nutty
flavor. The tapioca flour and potato starch keep the texture light
while the brown rice flour adds some whole grains and fiber.

Hands-on: 16 Mins
Total: 16 Mins
Serving size: 3 pancakes, 2 tablespoons syrup, and 2 tablespoons blueberries

Weigh or lightly spoon flours, potato starch, and flaxseed meal into
dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, potato
starch, flaxseed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in
a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, vanilla, and
eggs; stir with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.

Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Pour 2 tablespoons batter per pancake onto pan; cook 1 minute or
until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully
turn pancakes over; cook 1 minute or until bottoms are lightly
browned. Serve with maple syrup and blueberries.

Cal 164, Fat 4g, Carb 26g, Sod 476mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 6g

Review: Really excellent pancakes. I added a bit of oil (olive)
because I thought it was unusual that the recipe didn't have any.
Plus...I added more vanilla just because. I have tried a lot of GF
pancakes recipes and these are the best so far. All of my other
recipes will be shelved.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/flaxseed-buttermilk-pancakes

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 274 Calories; 4g Fat (13.1%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
72mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0201