Greek Yogurt Turkish (Bazlama)

Thu, 01 Apr 2021 14:59:39 -0700
v121.n012.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                 Flatbread, Greek Yogurt Turkish (Bazlama)

Recipe By     : Chris Scheuer
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   310/2            ml  warm water -- 105-110F, (1 1/4C)
   7                 g  active dry yeast -- (2 1/4t or 1 packet)
   15                g  sugar -- (1T)
   185               g  Greek yogurt -- (3/4C)
   30               ml  extra virgin olive oil -- (2T)
   15                g  kosher salt -- Morton Coarse (1T)
   470               g  all-purpose flour -- (3 3/4C)
     1/4           cup  finely chopped flat leaf parsley

This delicious, pillowy soft Turkish Flatbread is an easy,
one-bowl-no-mixer recipe. It's perfect with hummus, tabouli, for
wraps and so much more!

Salt conversion chart:
https://www.mortonsalt.com/article/salt-conversion-chart/

Prep: 35 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Total: 1 hr

Combine the yeast, sugar, and water into a medium-large bowl and stir
well. Allow to sit in a warm place for 5 to 10 minutes to activate
the yeast. The mixture will be foamy and bubbly when activated.

Whisk in the Greek yogurt olive oil and salt.

Add flour and parley and stir with a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula
and until the dough comes together. Turn dough out onto a
well-floured counter and turn to coat. Knead for 3 to 4 minutes or
until dough is no longer sticky and springs back when lightly
pressed. Sprinkle more flour onto the counter if the dough is sticky
during kneading.

Divide dough into 10 equal pieces, sprinkle lightly with flour, then
cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.

Preheat a medium saucepan to a medium-low heat. While pan is heating,
roll one of the dough portions into an approximately 7" circle. Brush
the top surface lightly with extra virgin olive oil. When the pan is
hot, pick up the first circle with your hand and place in pan, oiled
side down. Lightly brush the top surface with oil. Allow to the
flatbread to cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until top surface is
covered with bubbles and underside is golden around the edges and in spots.

Flip to opposite side and cook for another 60 to 90 seconds until a
few small golden spots appear. Don't overcook on the second side.
Repeat rolling, oiling and cooking with remaining portions of dough.

Sprinkle flatbreads with a bit more chopped parsley when finished, if
desired. Stack flatbreads in a clean kitchen towel after cooking to
steam a bit and retain softness.

When cool, store in a ziplock bag. Reheat in a pan without oil for a
minute or two on each side OR wrap flatbreads in paper toweling and
heat in the microwave on low power until warm.

Cal 217, Fat 3g, Carb 38g, Sod 705ml, Fiber 1g, Pro 7g

Review: Your flatbread recipe looks delicious & I can't wait to try
it!! Love Middle Eastern food. One question thoughâ?¦can I sub a
whole grain flour for the all purpose?

Reply: You could sub some whole grain flour, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 but I
would try to do all whole grain as the flatbreads would turn out heavy.

eview: Want to make for my son, how many days will they stay fresh
and can they be frozen?

Reply: They can definitely be frozen. I keep mine in the fridge for
several days.

Review: I just made these today! Easy and yummy! I followed the
recipe EXACTLY and they turned out just like the picture. I was kind
of hoping that they would â??roll up' better, but the 7" thickness is
a little to thick for a wrap, IMHO. It probably would split at that
thickness. Nonetheless, we topped it with mayo, chipotle turkey
breast, tomato, onion, cheese. Put this under the broiler for a few
minutes and whammo, delish. Definitely a keeper and will make these
again and keep a few frozen.

Source:
   "Adapted from Allrecipes"
S(Internet address):
   https://thecafesucrefarine.com/greek-yogurt-turkish-flatbread-bazlama/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 221 Calories; 4g Fat (17.2%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 564mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2018 - 1229