Simple Olive Bread

Thu, 01 Apr 2021 15:16:03 -0700
v121.n013.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Simple Olive

Recipe By     : Abby
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Grains                          Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Vegetables                      Vegetarian

   3 1/2      teaspoons  active dry yeast
   1 1/3           cups  water -- warm
   1                cup  all-purpose flour
   2               cups  whole wheat flour
   1           teaspoon  sea salt -- fine grain
   1                cup  olives -- Kalamata, pitted and chopped

I really needed this hearty olive bread to bring me back to a more
balanced place. I made these in an evening and enjoyed the loaves by
dinner, but this can totally be spread out over the course of a day
or frozen and baked later. The salty olives and whole wheat flour
balanced perfectly with a bowl of soup for dinner and by itself as my
lunch the next day. The best advice I have for bread baking is to
make sure your yeast is fresh, or the bread will become a flat, hard
lump (we want bubbles here)!

In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let sit for
5 minutes, until mixture is foamy. Add the flours and salt, stir
until mixture comes together and you can pick it up with your hands.
Knead the bread on a well floured surface for about 5 minutes, or
until the dough becomes smooth and elastic. Add the olives to the
dough and knead them in for an additional minute.

Form dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, covering
with a kitchen towel and placing in a warm area. Allow to rise for 1
1/2 hours, until it doubles in size.

Lightly flour a large surface (kitchen counter or dough board) and
turn dough onto floured surface. Using a knife, cut the dough in
half, equally. Knead each half briefly to ensure olives are firmly in
the dough. Form each half into a smooth ball. Place on a lightly
greased, rimmed cookie sheet.Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise
for another 30 minutes. While bread is rising, preheat oven to 425F.

After dough has risen, bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or
until golden brown. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.

S(Internet address):
   https://heartofabaker.com/simple-olive-bread/#tasty-recipes-8191

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 122 Calories; 2g Fat (12.1%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 258mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 2020 - 1214