Garlic Bubble Bread

Sun, 11 Apr 2021 18:13:38 -0700
v121.n014.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Garlic Bubble

Recipe By     : Lynn Nichols
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   4 1/2            tsp  active dry yeast -- (2 pkgs/1/4 oz each)
      1/4           cup  water -- warm, (110 to 115)
   2               cups  whole milk -- warm, (110 to 115F)
   2        tablespoons  sugar
   1         tablespoon  shortening
   2          teaspoons  salt
   6 1/4           cups  all-purpose flour -- (to 6 1/2 C)
      1/2           cup  butter -- melted
   1         tablespoon  parsley -- flakes, dried
   2          teaspoons  garlic powder

I tweaked my friend's family recipe for pull-apart rolls, and here's
the result. This homemade garlic bread loaf is a must for your next
pasta night, when everyone will have fun pulling off each rich and
buttery piece

Prep: 35 min. + rising
Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes: 2 loaves (12 servings each)

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar,
shortening, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough
of the remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn out on a floured
surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a
greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a
warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
fourths. Divide each portion into 12 pieces. In a shallow bowl,
combine the butter, parsley and garlic powder. Shape each piece into
a ball; dip in the butter mixture. Place in 2 grease 9x5" loaf pan.
Pour any remaining butter mixture over dough. Cover and let rise
until doubled, about 30 minutes.

Bake at 375F until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10
minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.

Test Kitchen Tips: Tailor the flavors to your meal. Add taco
seasoning on Mexican night, Old Bay on seafood night, and more!

Cal 176, Fat 5g, Carb 27g, Sod 237mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: These were great! Soft but a little crusty too.

Review: Gorgeous recipe! The bread was so delicious. I did it in a
tube pan and it worked perfectly!

Review: Delicious! The only change I made was to put fresh garlic
through a press and use it instead of garlic powder. Yum!

Review: I just made this last night and everyone loved it. Next time
I would change out the garlic powder for garlic salt. And, I didn't
have any butter left to top the loaves, so I would heat up a little
more and spread over the top. Also served with marina sauce for an appetizer.

Review: This was a great bread recipe although it does take a lot of
time to assemble. I did find that 24 balls per loaf was a bit too
much. I would make the same size balls (24 per loaf) but use 18 in
each loaf pan and the 12 left over in a smaller loaf pan. Wonderful
flavor and my guests raved about it asking for the recipe. I froze
one loaf to enjoy later. Oh, I did not have garlic powder so put 3
cloves of garlic through a a press and used that along with fresh
parsley which I chopped up fine.

Review: I have made this bread on several occasions. Instead of all
the cutting and dividing, I pull the dough apart and roll it in my
hands about the size of golf balls and pile it in the pan. More like
a monkey bread. Either way it is DELICIOUS!!

Review: i make this recipe with the small frozen dinner rolls and put
minced fresh garlic in the butter - works like a dream!! So even
though I cheat a little I still rate it 5 stars as it is a delicious recipe.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-bubble-loaf/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 177 Calories; 5g Fat (27.7%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
13mg Cholesterol; 228mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0411