Easy Olive Oil Drop Biscuits

Sat, 10 Apr 2021 17:05:55 -0700
v121.n014.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Biscuits, Easy Olive Oil Drop

Recipe By     : Jesseca
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted                          Side Dish

   2               cups  flour
   1         tablespoon  baking powder
   2          teaspoons  sugar
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/2           cup  olive oil -- Extra Light Tasting
   1                cup  milk

These are the BEST Olive Oil Drop Biscuits! Easy to make and light
and fluffy in texture. They are the perfect side to any meal.

prep: 20 MINUTES
cook: 10 MINUTES
total: 30 MINUTES

Preheat the oven to 420F. Grease a baking tray and set aside.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium sized bowl.

Stir in the oil and milk until fully combined.

Drop by the tablespoon full (I do a heaping spoon) onto a baking sheet.

Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.

Notes: Try adding fresh rosemary, black pepper and cheese to the
biscuits. Reader recommended and our new favorite way to make this recipe.

Cal 198, Fat 22g, Carb 22g, Sod 266mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: We subbed unsweetened soy milk for milk and canola oil for
olive oil and added fresh rosemary, black pepper and cheese to the
dry ingredients and they came out great, but probably could have
stayed in a minute or two longer to get a little golden.

Review: Made GF and they were delicious. I did add a little more
sugar as I was making them for breakfast. First GF biscuit that was
crunchy on the outside and soft and wonderful on the inside. Thank
you for this recipe!!

Review: Thank you for taking the time to review! I do love these biscuits!

Review: Very good. easy. Common ingredients to have on hand. In this
coronavirus pandemic quarantine, I was running out of butter but have
olive oil. Thanks for your recipe. Will try w seasonings and or herbs.

Review: Thank you for taking the time to review the recipe, Glory! I
hope you find some great herbs or seasonings to mix in.

Question: Can you substitute any oil ( vegetable or canola)?
Reply: I've been using vegetable oil for my biscuits since I didn't
have olive oil, they turned out fairly good. Kinda bland and dryish
though so you'll want to make adjustments.
Reply: Great question. I have never tried to substitute a vegetable
or canola oil, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have made
these with butter and they turned out great. Let us know if you make
the recipe with your changes.

Review: These are great. Exactly what I was looking for. The only
difference for me is I am baking them in my electric skillet that
only goes to 400 degrees so they need 14 minutes. My son and I
decided to take another commenters idea and added garlic powder
parsley and cheese. They turned out amazing. Thank you for this great
and versatile recipe.

Review: My son has now started experimenting with flavors. We now
have spicy garlic biscuits.

Review: This recipe is also great when you add garlic powder, dried
parsley and cheddar cheese and it makes amazing cheddar garlic
biscuits like red lobsters. Or you can just add any herbs and make
delicious herb biscuits! The possibilities are endless!!!

Review: All they need is a little cheddar cheese and they'll taste
just like red lobster bicuits. Still good by themselves though. Thanks

Review: These are FABULOUS!!! I wanted to make them as a base for
strawberry shortcake tonight (on a COLD January night!) & couldn't
find my old olive oil biscuit recipe. These are 10,000 times
better!!! And for the doubter, you'd never know you were eating olive oil!

Review: Used Whole Wheat Flour and it took about 3-4 extra minutes to cook.

Review: Thank you - this was exactly what I was looking for. A little
crunch on the outside, and light and soft on the inside. And the
recipe couldn't be easier! I put most of the biscuits on top of a
chicken casserole. By the way, you can also substitute olive oil for
butter in chocolate chip cookies, although the amount may not be the
same - just go for consistency. They taste just as great but don't
seem to stay fresh as long (not a problem at my house). I also use
olive oil in pie dough in place of vegetable shortening. (I don't
know how much; I just add until it looks right.) It's much easier and
I can't tell the difference.

S(Internet address):
   https://onesweetappetite.com/easy-olive-oil-drop-biscuits/
Yield:
   "8 to 10"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 257 Calories; 15g Fat (51.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 332mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0410