Overnight Yeast Rolls

Sat, 24 Apr 2021 15:30:35 -0700
v121.n020.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Rolls, Overnight Yeast

Recipe By     : Southern Living
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted                          Stand Mixer

   4 1/2            tsp  active dry yeast -- (1/4-oz./or 2 envelopes)
   1                cup  water -- warm
   1                cup  shortening
   1                cup  sugar
   1           teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  water -- boiling
   2              large  eggs
   6               cups  all-purpose flour
                         Cooking spray

These homemade yeast rolls are the perfect side dish for any
dinnertime spread. Serve them on the side of a weeknight roast, black
bean chili, or skillet pork chop. Easy yeast rolls are just
that...easy! With only 22 minutes of hands-on time and 7 simple
ingredients, you'll be able to whip them up effortlessly. Light and
tender, overnight yeast rolls are a delightful cuisine to have on the
table, their buttery flavor is sure to impress even the pickiest
dinner party guest.Not convinced you should give this fluffy roll
recipe a try? Prepare the dough a day ahead of your event and let it
chill overnight; you'll have one less task on your to-do list on the
day of the occasion. Casual enough to bring to a church potluck and
delicious enough to serve at an elegant holiday occasion, this recipe
is our new go-to.

Active: 22 mins
Total: 1:13

Combine yeast and warm water (100F to 110F) in a 2C liquid measuring
cup; let stand 5 minutes.

Place shortening, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl of a
heavy-duty stand mixer. Add boiling water, and beat at medium speed
until smooth. Add eggs and yeast mixture, beating at low speed 1
minute or until blended; gradually beat in flour. Place dough in a
bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top of dough; cover
with plastic wrap. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.

Lightly coat 2 (12C) muffin pans with cooking spray. Punch dough
down. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into
72 (1") balls, and place 3 dough balls in each muffin cup.

Cover and let rise in a warm place (85F), free from drafts, 45
minutes or until doubled in bulk.

Preheat oven to 375F. Bake at 375F for 18 minutes or until golden.
Makes 2 dozen.

Review: These are the best home made rolls that I have ever made. I
used my Kitchen Aid mixer which made them easier to mix. I am going
to throw away all my other roll recipes and let this be my exclusive!
Made them exactly by the recipe except used a little more yeast. You
can't go wrong with this recipe.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/overnight-yeast-rolls

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 9g Fat (36.4%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
18mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 1219