Oatmeal Rolls

Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:07:40 -0700
v121.n020.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                               Rolls, Oatmeal

Recipe By     : Jeanette Fuehring
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   2 1/3           cups  water -- divided
   1                cup  oatmeal -- dry
   3        tablespoons  butter
   4 1/2            tsp  active dry yeast -- (2 pkgs/1/4 oz each)
      2/3           cup  brown sugar -- packed
   1         tablespoon  sugar
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   5               cups  all-purpose flour -- (to 5 3/4C)

Most people tell me what they like best about these rolls is they're
so moist. I like them because they're simple to make, freeze well and
because I grew up on oatmeal and still love it!

Prep: 20 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min.

In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add oatmeal and butter;
simmer 1 minute. Remove to a large bowl and let cool to 110-115F.

Heat remaining water to 110-115F; add yeast. To oatmeal mixture, add
sugars, salt, yeast mixture and half of flour. Mix well. Add enough
remaining flour to make a soft dough.

Turn out onto a floured surface; knead 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth
and elastic. Add additional flour if necessary. Place dough in a
greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until
doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down dough; divide in half and shape each half into 12 balls.
Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until
doubled, about 45 to 60 minutes. Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes.

Cal 146, Fat 2g, Carb 29g, Sod 165mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: I have made these 2 times now. They are very good! A definite keeper!

Review: I have made these a couple times now-love them, soft fluffy
,yummy.  I sometimes use quick oats, and sometimes old
fashioned.  Last batch I added a few raisens to them.  seems fool proof to me.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/oatmeal-rolls/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 140 Calories; 2g Fat (12.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 151mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0430