Bran Muffins

Michael Arnoldi <michaelarnoldi@gmail.com>
Fri, 4 Jun 2021 19:52:06 -0400
v121.n022.1
My doctor told me to eat more bran, but it had to be sugar free, so I
created this recipe. Note: I use Trader Joe's Stevia powder extract.

Oatmeal / bran apple muffin (Stevia)

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons stevia powder
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup craisins
1 medium apple, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup 1% low fat milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 t vanilla powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F.
Gently mix dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl mix moist ingredients.
Gradually mix dry ingredients into moist ingredients.
Be careful not to over mix (this can make muffins tough).
Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Spoon mix into muffin tins.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
into the center of muffin.

Tip: Try substituting other dense fruits (like pears) for apples, or
other dried fruits (like cranberries and dates) for raisins.

Mike Arnoldi
Sent with iPhone SE