Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread

Mon, 03 May 2021 16:47:21 -0700
v121.n022.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

            Banana Bread, Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread

Recipe By     : Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Chocolate/Cocoa                 Quick Bread

      1/2           cup  coconut oil -- melted & cooled
   3                     bananas -- very ripe
   2              large  eggs -- at room temp
      1/2           cup  Greek yogurt -- plain
   1                cup  coconut sugar -- or granulated sugar
      1/2      teaspoon  kosher salt
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract -- pure
   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2          teaspoons  baking soda
      1/2           cup  hazelnuts -- chopped, optional
      1/2           cup  chocolate chips -- bittersweet
      1/3           cup  hazelnut spread -- chocolate, warmed if
needed to make spreadable, like Nutella

Active: 25 min
Total: 2:30 (includes cooling time)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly brush the inside of a 10-by-5" loaf
pan with coconut oil and line with a strip of parchment paper. Set aside.

Mash the bananas with the back of a fork in a large bowl until only a
few lumps remain. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Using the fork,
whisk in the coconut oil, yogurt, sugar, salt and vanilla until
smooth and incorporated. Add the flour and baking soda and use a
rubber spatula to stir until combined, being careful not to overmix.
Fold in the hazelnuts, if using, and the chocolate chips.

Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Dollop half of the
hazelnut spread over the top of the batter. Swirl the spread into the
batter using the tip of a knife. Top with the remaining batter and
repeat with the remaining hazelnut spread. Bake until the bread is
firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
with very few crumbs (the streaks of hazelnut spread will still be
wet), 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. Allow to cool for 30 minutes in the pan.

Turn the pan on its side and let rest an additional 30 minutes.
Loosen the edges with a knife and remove to a wire rack to cool
completely. The bread will keep for 4 days at room temperature.

Review: This is absolutely delicious! I did not have any coconut oil
, so used olive oil and reduced the sugar to two third cup and added
a little extra Nutella :) Yummy !

Review: This Banana Bread is wonderful! Perfect amount of good
sweetness from the coconut sugar, not cloyingly sweet like other
banana breads I've made.

Review: This is delicious. Very moist and great chocolate flavor.
Didn't put the hazelnuts - would also be good with pecans or walnuts.

Review: Very moist bread! Made the bread while her show was wrapping
up. We did not have any nutella so I added more mini chocolate chips.
I reduced the coconut sugar since I added more chips and didn't have
enough AP flour (hard to find) so mixed it with pastry flour. Will make again!!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chocolate-hazelnut-banana-bread-1-8815156

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 546 Calories; 28g Fat (45.2%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 70g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
55mg Cholesterol; 466mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0503