Potato Pizza

Sat, 02 Oct 2021 19:33:58 -0700
v121.n036.9
* Exported from MasterCook *

                               Pizza, Potato

Recipe By     : Florentina
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Hand Made                       Italian
                 Low Fat                         Main Dish
                 Posted                          Snacks
                 Vegetarian

      1/2         batch  pizza dough
   1              batch  ricotta -- cashew
   4                     potatoes -- yukon gold, (medium small size)
   3              large  leeks
   2             sprigs  rosemary
   1              pinch  red pepper flakes -- optional
                         olive oil -- for drizzling
                         Salt and Pepper -- to taste

Potato pizza recipe or Italian "Pizza con Patate" made with creamy
cashew ricotta, caramelized leeks and paper thin sliced golden
potatoes sprinkled with rosemary and layered on top of the very best
Neopolitan thin crust. One of the most delicious pizza pies you'll
ever taste, from scratch and easy to make!

The Base Crust:
I wouldn't use any other recipe here besides my authentic thin crust
pizza dough. You can half the original recipe to make 4 x 10" pies or
make the entire batch and freeze half of it for later.

The Cheese / White Sauce
This homemade, thick and creamy cashew ricotta cheese is slathered
directly onto the dough. It's so good you might wanna eat with a
spoon. You'll need exactly one batch of this recipe, it's the same
one I use in our now famous vegan lasagna and it works magic on this
dairy-free pizza too.
If you don't want to make the ricotta you can use any store bought
plant-based cheese slices. My faves are Follow Your Heart provolone,
gouda and pepper jack.

The Leeks:
I started with three large leeks sliced and rinsed well that I then
sautéed until completely wilted and caramelized. Sprinkle over the
cashew ricotta before layering with the potatoes. These flavors
together are insanely delicious, however the classic recipe doesn't
require leeks so you are free to leave them out. It's so much better
with leeks though!

The Potatoes
It's really important to use waxy golden potatoes like Yukon Gold,
sliced as thinly as you can ideally using a mandoline. I have a basic
one I got in clearance for a few bucks years ago and I've held on to
it precisely for when making this pizza and these scalloped potatoes.
If you don't have a mandoline use a sharp knife to slice the potatoes
as thinly as you possibly can. You might need to cook the pizza a
couple of minutes longer to make sure the potatoes are cooked through.

Toppings Ideas
smoky tempeh bits
black olives & capers
plant-based Italian sausage
drizzle of chive or sun dried tomato pesto
grilled zucchini rounds
sautéed mushrooms

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Makes: 4 pizzas

Make the cashew ricotta according to this recipe and refrigerate
until needed. (This step can be done a couple of day sin advance).

Prepare the pizza dough according this recipe. You can make 1/2 batch
and form 4 balls out of the dough needed for this recipe or go for a
full batch and freeze some for later use.

While your dough is proofing slice the leeks and add them to a large
bowl of cold water. Allow to sit for a few minute for the dirt to
fall to the bottom.

Preheat a large skillet over medium low heat and using your hands
start scooping the leeks out of the water and add them to the
skillet. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and stir. Cook until all
the water has evaporated then add alight drizzle of olive oil.
Continue cooking until the leeks start to caramelize. Taste and
adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.

Scrub and rinse the potatoes well, dry with a kitchen towel and slice
them paper thin using a mandoline slicer. Alternatively you can use a
sharp chef's knife and slice them manually as thin as you can. (You
might need to up the cooking time by a couple of minutes if the
potato slices are thicker).

Preheat your oven to 475F.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen counter and place one of the dough
balls on top. Sprinkle with more flour and use your palm to flatten
it down into a circle. Flip on the other side to make sure nothing
sticks and sprinkle more flour if needed. Shape into a 10 inch circle
and transfer to the baking sheet on top of the parchment paper.

Spoon a quarter of the cashew ricotta in the middle and spread it all
the way to the sides. (It's up to you if you want to leave any edge
at all). Sprinkle with some of the caramelized leeks. (I like to
reserve some of the leeks to also sprinkle over the pizza once it
comes out of the oven).

Finish with a layer of the potato slices over the top, slightly
overlapping each other to create perfect coverage of the pizza. Use
an olive oil spray if available to give a quick mist over the
potatoes (a small pastry brush will work if you don't have a spray).

Sprinkle the pizza with rosemary, sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste.

Bake in the preheated one for 12 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are
lightly golden and the crust has crisped up to your liking.

Notes: If you sliced the potatoes with a knife versus a mandolin you
might need to increase the baking time by a couple of minutes so just
keep an eye on it. In that case I also recommend you make the pizza
pies a little thicker, 8 inches versus 10 so you don't run the risk
of over-baking it. Alternatively you can choose not to leave any edge
to the crust and completely cover with the toppings and potato slices
all the way.

You'll notice this is my only pizza recipe that doesn't require a
pizza stone (or a grill). Since this pizza cooks longer at a lower
temperature a baking sheet will yield perfect results while the pizza
stone might cook it too fast before the potatoes are done. I hope
that makes sense friends!

Cal 295, Fat 2g, Carb 63g, Sod 378mg, Fiber 6g, Pro 8g

Review: My first time making potato pizza and I'm hooked. The pizza
crust is perfect, the leeks, the ricotta and potatoes together just
an amazing combo, really really delicious recipe can't wait to make it again.

S(Internet address):
   https://veggiesociety.com/potato-pizza-recipe-vegan/
Yield:
   "4 pizza's"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 324 Calories; 7g Fat (17.9%
calories from fat); 13g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
19mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean
Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : 2021 - 0201