One Dish No-Knead Bread

Sat, 02 Oct 2021 19:38:02 -0700
v121.n037.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Bread, One Dish No-Knead

Recipe By     : Heather Chambers
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   1           teaspoon  active dry yeast
   1 1/2           cups  warm water -- (110 to 115F)
   2 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   2        tablespoons  sugar
   2        tablespoons  olive oil
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt

Here's a very easy way to have homemade bread for dinner tonight.
Don't worry if you're new to baking. Anyone who can stir can make
this no knead bread a success!

Prep: 15 min. + rising
Bake: 40 min.

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining
ingredients to form a wet dough; transfer to a greased 2 1/2-qt.
baking dish. Cover; let stand in a warm place 1 hour.

Stir down dough. Cover; let stand 1 hour. Preheat oven to 425F.

Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350F. Bake until top is
golden brown and a thermometer reads 210F, about 20 minutes longer.

Remove bread from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm.

Cal 133, Fat 3g, Carb 24g, Sod 296mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: This was so easy to prepare, and delicious! It was so good
with stew for supper-comfort food for sure!

Review: The great thing about this recipe is the speed -- about 2
hours from start to dinner table.

Review: This is very easy to make and I love the way it tastes. My
only complaint is that it crumbles very easily and so it was a
challenge to slice it and use it for grilled cheese. It tastes so
good though that I'll be making it again anyway.I did decrease the
sugar to one tablespoon because one review said the bread was
slightly sweet and I didn't want a bread that tasted sweet at all.

Review: Very simple to make and is very good but more like a dense
bread vs. a kneaded yeast bread. We loved it toasted too and the
house smells wonderful while baking.

Review: Very simple to make and is very good but more like a dense
bread vs. a kneaded yeast bread. We loved it toasted too and the
house smells wonderful while baking.

Review: So easy! Baked in a round 2 1/2qt casserole. After it was
done baking, I brushed the top with a little butter and covered it
with foil. Disappeared quickly, will definitely make two loaves

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/one-dish-no-knead-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 133 Calories; 3g Fat (17.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 268mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0428