Carrot Pineapple Muffins

Fri, 22 Oct 2021 18:24:19 -0700
v121.n039.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Muffins, Carrot Pineapple

Recipe By     : Natalie
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted                          Vegetables

   2 1/2           cups  flour
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   2          teaspoons  cinnamon
   1           teaspoon  ginger
   1           teaspoon  salt
      1/2           cup  canola oil
   2                     eggs -- slightly beaten
      1/4           cup  yogurt -- plain
   1                cup  brown sugar -- lightly packed
   1           teaspoon  vanilla
   1                can  pineapple -- pieces, drained but not
squeezed, (about 1 1/2C)
   1 1/2           cups  carrot -- shredded, (about 2 med)
      1/2           cup  raisins -- optional

I used to get a happy meal with a carrot muffin to split with my mom
any time we would go to McDonalds as a treat. In a way, I am a carrot
muffin expert - so it is no surprise that I have found a new way to
enjoy them! These carrot pineapple muffins bring a delicious tropical
spin to a classic muffin flavour. You really need to try it to
understand just how good it is!

Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
Total: 30 Minutes

Preheat oven to 350F, grease or line muffin tray and set aside

In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking
soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon and set aside

In a large bowl, beat the oil, eggs, yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla
together until fully incorporated. Stir in the pineapple tidbits.

Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture in 3 separate additions,
stirring well after each addition - dough will be very thick and
sticky - this is normal

Carefully fold in the carrots and raisins until evenly distributed.

Divide the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling up each liner to the top.

Bake in preheated oven 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted into center comes out clean.

Allow to cool in pan for several minutes, then transfer to a wire
rack to finish cooling.

Review: I have been putting pineapple in my carrot muffins for about
40 yrs, along with walnuts, raisins. A nice healthy , and moist
muffin. Sometimes add coconut . Have one for breakfast, and not
hungry for most of the day.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.foodtalkdaily.com/44326735/carrot-pineapple-muffins

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 227 Calories; 8g Fat (33.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
29mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0202