Copycat Romano's Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread

Sun, 14 Nov 2021 21:52:22 -0800
v121.n042.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Copycat Romano's Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread

Recipe By     : Nicole
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   2          teaspoons  active dry yeast
   2          teaspoons  sugar
   1                cup  water -- warm
   2        tablespoons  extra-virgin olive oil -- Note 1:
   2        tablespoons  rosemary -- dried
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   2 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- plus more for dusting
      1/2      teaspoon  kosher salt
                         Freshly ground pepper

Learn how to make the Copycat Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread!

Note 1: plus more for brushing and serving

PREP: 2 hrs 15 mins
COOK: 20 mins
TOTAL: 2 hrs 35 mins
Makes: 1 loaf

Combine the yeast, sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a large bowl. Let
stand for 5 minutes, until foamy.

In the same bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoons
rosemary, fine salt, 3/4 cups warm water and all the flour. Mix with
large spoon until dough forms. Then work dough by hand on a lightly
floured surface for about 5 to 7 minutes. Rub olive oil on the inside
of a clean bowl and put the dough in, cover with saran wrap or a
cloth and let stand for 1 hour. The dough should have doubled in size
by this time.

Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Next, place the
dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 halves. Knead
each piece for a minute or so, sprinkling with flour, as needed and
work into a ball. Place each loaf on the prepared baking sheet. Let
stand, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until dough has doubled.

Preheat oven to 400F. Bake the loaves for 10 minutes. Remove them
from the oven and brush with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with
the kosher salt and pepper and crumble the remaining rosemary over
top of the loaf. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 to 12
minutes, or until golden brown.

Let cool slightly and serve warm.

Review: I'm catering a fancy formal dinner for 40. The hostess
requested Rosemary Rolls. I tried this recipe using my bread machine.
I make bread often for my family but never eat it myself. When these
came out of the oven, I tried one and ended up eating 3! These are to
die for! The only change to the recipe I made was I added a little
fresh ground pepper. Trust me...these are delicious.

Review: I just made this recipe yesterday, and it came out
wonderfully. My brother tried it and couldn't believe I had made it.
I am proud, especially since this was my very first bread making
experience. So glad I made this one, so delicious for dinner, or even
for a breakfast sandwich.

Review: Ok this is my first real adventure making bread and I have to
say this was amazing. My only regret is that I have the other loaf to
my neighbor but I'm definitely sharing this and making it again. Only
thing I did differently was substitute barley malt for the sugar and
used instant yeast.

Question: I usually only cook for one. I love homemade bread but
usually the loaves are so big. I like that these are small loaves. My
question is can these be frozen? If so, what's the best way to bring
them back to life?
Reply: I'm sure the bread can be frozen, although I haven't done so
myself. I imagine thawing it and then warming it by the slice for 10
to 15 seconds in the microwave might do the trick.

Review: This was easy and so delicious. I also added a Teaspoon of
pepper with the rosemary and flour. This recipe is a keeper for sure!!

Review: This bread turned out amazing. So similar to Macaroni
Grill's! The whole family loved it!

Review: I love this recipe, the 1st time I made it I ate all of it by
myself. Now I make this bread once a week.

Question: Is it okay to leave half of the dough in the fridge for a
day if I dont want to bake both of them at the same time?
Reply: For sure!

Review: I used your recipe and baked the bread in a wood fired oven,
it was fantastic! It's an easy to follow recipe especially for a
beginner bread baker!

Review: Just made this and it's DELICIOUS. Next time I'll add some
more salt and garlic for a little kick! I was able to use fresh
rosemary from my garden! So good!

Review: Easy easy if you use the dough hook on your Kitchen Aid
mixer, it does all the work! I used fresh rosemary also and it was
great. Making it now for a second time for company, my new favorite bread!

Source:
   "Adapted from the Food Network"
S(Internet address):
   https://allshecooks.com/copycat-macaroni-grill-rosemary-bread-recipe/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 121 Calories; 3g Fat (19.6%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 169mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 1114