No-Knead Grilled Naan

Fri, 27 May 2022 19:56:32 -0700
v122.n018.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Bread, No-Knead Grilled Naan

Recipe By     :Stephanie
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Ethnic                          Low Fat
                 Posted

      3/4           cup  lukewarm water -- (about 110F)
      3/4           cup  lukewarm milk -- (about 110F)
   1 1/2      teaspoons  active dry yeast
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
      1/4           cup  plain yogurt
   1         tablespoon  honey
   3 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour

PREP: 2:15
COOK: 6 MINS
TOTAL: 2:21
YIELD: 4 VERY LARGE NAAN

In a large bowl, combine water and milk. Add yeast, salt, yogurt and
honey and stir to combine. Add flour and, using a wooden spoon, stir
mixture until just combined and all flour is incorporated into dough.

Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rest about 2 hours until
it rises and then collapses or flattens on top. Once collapsed, use
dough immediately or transfer dough to a lidded, non-airtight
container and store for up to 7 days in fridge*, or 3 weeks in
freezer in four 1/2-lb portions. Once frozen, thaw dough in
refrigerator overnight before using.

On baking day, heat grill to high for 5 to 10 minutes, covered, and
use a grill brush to scrape any residue from grill grates. Reduce
heat to medium; keep covered.

Meanwhile, punch down dough and, on a lightly floured surface, divide
into 4 equal pieces. With floured hands, stretch and press each piece
of dough to a 1/8" thickness.

Quickly but carefully transfer dough to grill, using tongs if needed,
then cover grill and cook 3 minutes until grill marks appear on
bottom and top of dough is puffy. Use tongs to flip dough and cook on
other side 3 minutes until grill marks appear and bread is cooked
through. Repeat with any remaining dough.

Serve immediately with toppings of your choice (butter, ghee, garlic
and fresh chopped herbs are some tasty examples).

*NOTE: It is easier to handle the dough once it's refrigerated, so I
usually let mine rest overnight in the fridge before using. There
tends to be a more developed flavor, too, when it chills overnight.

Review: Made the Naan last night. It was delicious! The recipe was
super easy to follow. My grill was a bit too hot and I over did it
slightly, but the family still loved it. Next time I will keep a
closer eye on it.

Review: Thank you!! I've tried so many naan recipes over the years
without success, and this worked amazingly well. I didn't have a
grill, but used my oven broiler, and put it right onto the oven rack.

Source:
   "ADAPTED FROM ARTISAN PIZZA AND FLATBREAD IN FIVE MINUTES A DAY"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.girlversusdough.com/no-knead-grilled-naan
Yield:
   "8 to 10"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 228 Calories; 2g Fat (6.3%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
4mg Cholesterol; 417mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0502