Hippie Banana Bread

Fri, 03 Jun 2022 21:19:56 -0700
v122.n019.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Bread, Hippie Banana

Recipe By     :BH&G Test Kitchen
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Nuts                            Posted
                 Quick Bread

   1                cup  all-purpose flour
      1/2           cup  almond flour
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  salt
      1/4      teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      1/2           cup  olive oil
      1/2           cup  packed brown sugar
      1/4           cup  maple syrup
   1 1/2      teaspoons  vanilla
   2                     eggs
   3                     ripe bananas -- mashed (about 1C)
      1/2           cup  chopped toasted walnuts
      1/2           cup  dried cherries
      1/4           cup  raw sunflower kernels
      1/4           cup  pepitas

Put ripe bananas to delicious use in this quick bread recipe that's
studded with trail mix favorites like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.

Hands-On: 20 mins
Total: 4:30 (includes cooling)

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter an 8x4" loaf pan. Line with parchment
paper, extending parchment over two sides of pan. Lightly butter parchment.

In a bowl combine flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

In a large bowl stir together olive oil and brown sugar, breaking up
any lumps. Add maple syrup and vanilla; stir until smooth. Add eggs,
one at a time, stirring well after each. Stir in bananas. Add flour
mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in walnuts, cherries,
sunflower kernels, and pepitas. Spoon batter into pan.

Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Using parchment,
lift bread out of pan. Remove parchment; let cool completely.

Tips: Refrigerate in plastic wrap up to 3 days or freeze in an
airtight container up to 1 month.

Cal 334, Fat 16g, Carb 37g, Sod 318mg, Fiber 3g, Pro 6g

Review: Absolutely delicious!!!

Review: This is now my signature banana bread recipe. I usually make
about 16 muffins from it and bake them 18 or so minutes. I also cut
the brown sugar to 1/2 cup loosely packed and 3 Tbsp. maple syrup-
still plenty sweet. These muffins are crunchy and have such a full
flavor that I'm not sure I'll ever go back to my old recipe.

Review: This bread is so delicious I make it weekly! I bring a slice
of it to work every day and feel like I'm eating something both
healthy and delicious. I like to change up the dried fruits I put in
it and it always turns out good. My husband is also addicted to it.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.bhg.com/recipe/hippie-banana-bread/
Yield:
   "1 loaf"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 313 Calories; 17g Fat (48.2%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
35mg Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0505